“Yorkshire at its best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bay Tree Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aldfield
Bay Tree Farm
Ranked #2 of 2 Aldfield B&B and Inns
Letchworth
“Yorkshire at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

It has to be said that it would take a book to express the joy of staying at Bay Tree Farm. The welcome (there is always tea and home made cake!), the superb food (local produce), well appointed rooms, fluffy towels and so much more. Val's knowledge of the area is second to none and her cheery smile and welcome are always the same.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RollingStone181

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
wokingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

What can I say people? Wow! My words cannot do this truly special little gem of a place justice. A rare find indeed. First of all Mrs. Leeming the landlady is so genuinely helpful and sincere that in 25+ years of travelling and staying away from home, I have never come across anyone that comes close to her. Her B&B is sensational, from premium brands at breakfast. Like real proper farm bacon, free range farm eggs and superb sausages, to fresh strawberries, blueberries and rasperries all on offer in abudance. Really nice to see fresh juices too that aren't from concentrate for a change. Premium breakfast here guys I can tell you. As for the rooms? Flawless, I would best describe them as rustic farmhouse mini honeymoon suites, just bursting with character and class. Our bathroom even had underfloor heating for heavens sake, everthing was spotless, eygyptian cotton towels and a really comfortable bed, that I would have been quite happy to stay in all day frankly. Just superb! Finally, what a beautiful location, so peaceful, just a special place all round really, dog friendly too! Just great, really hope to visit again soon, as I can honestly say you won't find better!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank sandra c
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have been staying here for a number of years now, whilst working in the area. I find it a welcoming peaceful haven. Val greets you with tea and a slice of homemade cake. The rooms are individually styled and are oak beamed. Breakfast is excellent, as are the dinners cooked on her aga, with quality meat and local produced veg, not to mention lovely puddings. Reluctant to over praise it in case I can't get booked in myself !

• Stayed September 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was our third stay at Baytree Farm. We sat down to Val's superb Dinner to find everyone else round the table were "Old-stagers"! What more can one say? Val's hospitality is second to none. She has a wealth of local knowledgeand is helpful and informative when asked. The breakfasts and dinners could not be bettered. The rooms tasefully furnished, with very comfortable beds, cotton sheets and posh bathroom toileteries. Eating together round a large farmhouse table provides a special conviviality amongst guests. We have met so many interesting people at Baytree Farm. Finally, the peace and quiet is quite wonderful. We are planning next year's visit already.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I was doing a coast to coast bike ride with 4 other people from Morecambe to Bridlington and found this place by chance. Where do I start about Bay Tree Farm and its owner?
From when the front door opened to be met by such a lovely person (Val) to the hospitality shown throughout our visit. The rooms very clean, spotless to be precise, and plenty of space.
With such a long ride I needed a comfortable bed; well it seems the bed was made for me.
Val gave us information about what was around us, organised a taxi to take us into town and made us feel very welcome, offered us an evening meal which we declined due to wanting to see the sights of Ripon, but other guests were eating an evening meal when we left to go into town and it seem like good home cooked food.
Breakfast was exceptional and plentiful and made the journey into Bridlington easier.
Other guests we met at the breakfast table also commented on how lovely the Bay Tree Farm was and especially the surrounding views.
I could find no fault about the place, location, surroundings and hospitality, contact through the availability and booking was smooth as can be.
Would highly recommend and will be definitely going back without my bike though

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Spent 2 nights here in early August. Terrific welcome and hospitality. Room and breakfast terrific.
My first experience of B ann B for 20 years plus and converted me to trying more. Excellent location and great quality accommodation

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Booked to stay a night with my two girls aged 2 and 3 whilst visiting a friend in Ripon. Liaised with Val over email and she was very helpful and seemed totally unphased that I wanted stay with two young children. I had asked in advance about eating in the evening once my girls were in bed and was told it would not be possible due to family reasons for Val but she recommended a local pizza place. I misunderstood that I would be able to order takeaway but this wasn't actually the case. I only discovered this once the girls were in bed so i had no means of eating that evening. And I felt let down that Val had actually decided to cook for another group of guests that night who had obviously warrented it more than me. My other gripe was the room. We had twin beds and a travel cot which was great (if a little snug but I'd been warned). But we were only given very thin covers and one blanket between the three of us so we were cold. The combination of that and a skylight with a very poor blind meant a not very restful night for us. Final negative point to note is the high chair we were provided at breakfast was far from safe. It was ancient and the tray was held to the chair by two rusty screws with no bolts so my daughter had no trouble removing it.

Feel bad writing this review when everyone else has been so positive but all this needs to be said.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ross1011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldfield
The Old Deanery
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,189 reviews
Mallard Grange
Mallard Grange
#1 of 2 in Aldfield

Been to Bay Tree Farm? Share your experiences!