“ALLWAYS Superb”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Angmering, United Kingdom
“ALLWAYS Superb”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I must say I have been visiting the Black Lion for about the last twelve years. I have to say that the food has got better & better over the years. I only complaint is that we don't live nearer or I would be eating there every week. Highly recommend a visit if your in the area, you wont regret it....

1 Thank Colin Y

New Romney, United Kingdom
“What great food”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We went last night and it was first class all the way. We were greeted with friendly staff asked where we would like to sit, the menu had a large selection and the food was first class. We were looked after very well. We will be going back.

Kent
“Best steak ever!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We went to this pub again recently and again it was fab! I had steak which was cooked to perfection and amazing flavour. All of our party had great meals. We will be coming back

Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My Word! This was probably one of the best places I've eaten in a LONG time. I'm absolutely gob-smacked at some of the 'negative' reviews. My friend and I were staying in Lydd on Sea for a few days and I had chosen the Black Lion on the strength of its menu. Appledore itself is a super little village and the Black Lion is a lovely-looking building, sheltered from the winds that prevail a bit further towards the coast. We booked a table for the first evening - I had the tiger prawns and my friend had a mushroom starter and we both had desserts. The food was EXCELLENT. It was clearly freshly prepared and cooked and the service was exemplary. The prices were not the cheapest in the world but for such good food, who cares? In fact, our first evening's meals impressed us so much that as we left, we booked for the next evening as well. The second evening's meals lived up to what we had come to expect from the first evening and I really couldn't fault it in any way. My friend, who runs a guest house herself and is something of a nit-picker where restaurant food is concerned, was also massively impressed. What more can I say? GREAT stuff!

• Visited September 2013
Kent, England
“Black lion Appledore for dinner”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Just thought i'd share this

Four of us went for early evening dinner. First impressions were good: great location, beer and starter. However ordered a curry, waiter asked other bar staff if there were popadom's didn't catch the answer however none arrived with dinner. All food looked good however didn't get asked if we wanted any sauces to go with our meals and never got asked if everything was ok.
The Steak for £20.00 with chips that looked to be from a bag was expensive for a dry lump of meat, server seemed to of not really cared. I feel this is being carried along by locals that tend to spend there money here and maybe know no different. Felt neglected as there was plenty of banter with the locals at and around the bar. Nearly £100 pounds as well.

• Visited August 2013