“Best B&B in the UK”
Review of Venn Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brixton
Venn Farm
Headley
“Best B&B in the UK”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have stayed many times over the last 7 years, the quality of rooms and the breakfast just outstanding. Always arrive with a smile on my face knowing what a great stay awaits and always leave with a smile on my face because Venn Farm never disappoints.
Best B&B in the UK

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had the opportunity to stay in this wonderful farmhouse for a few days and from the warm welcome on arrival to the farewell at the end the whole experience exceeded my expectations with unsurpassed breakfasts every morning, free Wi fi and the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of a 300 year old farmhouse.
The bed was so warm and comfortable with well stocked hospitality tray and toiletries with lcd tv/dvd player and with a local pub across the road serving excellent food.
I have already booked my return stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lee-on-the-Solent
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed at Venn Farm for 2 nights when visiting my ill father who lived close by, so it was the perfect location and I couldn't have asked for a more welcoming, friendly, comfortable stay. Pat was lovely and after my 4 hour journey, I was made a fresh pot of tea accompanied by home made cake, which was a lovely gesture. I stayed in the Appleloft (in Courtyard), which was very nice. Fridge, kettle, loads of variety of teas, coffee, bottled water, fresh milk etc were all on offer. Free, secure wi-fi was available. The room was very comfortable, lovely smelling bed linen, tastefully decorated, ensuite was very modern and warm with underfloor heating, all very clean. It felt like home from home to be honest and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The breakfast...well that was just superb and so filling! I had to ask for less the 2nd morning! Fresh fruit, yogurts, cereal, a choice of items for cooked breakfast, which you tick off on a menu by 9pm the night before and leave in the wellies outside the main kitchen door! Just loved that idea. Most definitely recommended and will no doubt stay again in the near future. Even if I lived in Plymouth, I would book Venn Farm just for a few nights to get away from it all! Thank you Pat and your team x

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MrsA17
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

A lovely B&B. Pat welcomed us with a tray of tea and cake after our long trip. Room 2 was ours and it was beautiful. The bed was so comfortable and the pillows were feather rather than spongy rubber that are so uncomfy. Room was so pretty and everything was quality. Breakfast really did set us up for the day and filled me up till the evening by which time we had reached home. Bathroom was great with heated towel rail which stayed hot. The dining rooms were so cosy. Pat really does have a flair for interior decoration. Will definitely stay there again if we can get a booking as can imagine in high season it is always full!

Room Tip: I imagine all rooms are very good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
spain
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This B&B was one of the best we have ever stayed at. Pat was a warm and welcoming hostess, everything we needed was provided. We stayed in the Apple Loft which was very well equipped with a fridge, DVD player, hair dryer, tea and Coffee, biscuits and KitKat, lots of local information, a large double bed and a very smart shower room with shampoo etc.The breakfast was amazing- fresh fruit and cereal, at least two sausages, bacon and eggs as well as baked beans and tomatoes etc. It kept us going all day, The cottages and rooms are attractively laid out with a very pretty garden, There are lots of good walks in the area and the sea is about ten minutes away. We would recommend this B&B to anyone, it was very good value and a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Apple Loft was a good double room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank siobhanmuskett
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Venn Farm was a great place to stay for our friend's wedding. Apple Loft and Barn in particular were gorgeous, modern rooms and very private. The location was great (Country Pub opposite and fish and chips too) and best of all was the breakfast that Pat lovingly prepared every morning. The choice was amazing and quality of the food too! All at a good price too. We were made to feel very welcome and I would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Apple Barn or Loft were the best!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed at Venn Farm when attending a nearby wedding. We were in the Apple Loft which had very attractive features, albeit it was possibly a little cluttered. The shower was good, as was the wifi (which was free, as it should be.)
Pat was a very amicable hostess. Because of how much we had eaten the night before we were not able to manage the fully cooked breakfast but we were reliably informed by other guests that it was extremely good. All in all a nice option in this neck of the woods.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Venn Farm? Share your experiences!