“Best Birthday celebration at Ruby's”
Review of Ruby's Restaurant - CLOSED

Ruby's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Local high street restaurant
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I recently hired Ruby's for my husbands 50th birthday party. They were so helpful with my requests and nothing was to much trouble. On the night - the service for 60 people was impeccable, the portions were enormous and the food delicious - all my friends commented on how good the food was.
Thank you so much for such a fantastic evening, we will definitely be back to eat soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

they have a 2 course set luncheon for £10 per head and on a Sunday £10 for a main meal consisting of several choices. You nearly always have to book its so popular and they are extremely accommodating with regard to special diets, fads etc.

1  Thank Anne B
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We went here for a family late lunch on a busy sunday afternoon.

The food was delicious and generous portions. I highly recommend the chicken escalope, but others really enjoyed the roast dinner.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating, as we had a few children in our group.

It felt spacious even though we were a big group, and the prices were reasonable.

1  Thank hezel13
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We arrived at 12 noonfor an early sunday lunch.We weren't rushed into ordering our food and enjoyed a drink whilst waiting for our late arrival.I had the chicken pate followed by traditional roast beef lunch with a yorkshire pudding as big as my plate which was crispy and light.Veg was abit to crunchy for my liking and the gravy was limited[would have been nice in a jug].my wife commented that the chicken was abit tough, with a small amount of white wine sauce. 3 out of the 5 of us had dessert .the cheesecake was fantastic .with soft drinks the bill came to £72.00+ 10% servce charge! No tip left as I do not agree with service charge.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had the £10 Sunday 2 course lunch menu. Very large portions, well cooked and presented. The Beef Strogonof was excellent and tender as was the pate though a little let down by the factory melba toast - that said at the price one should not complain! As ever, I am critical of the wine prices. Not bad but not good either. Apparently, the beer prices were high too - but they need to make their profit somewhere! The restaurant was packed with family and group diners. Well worth a visit.