“Top notch!”

St James Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Bushey
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: St James Restaurant in Bushey was established in 1997 and has developed a reputation over the years for being one of the finest restaurants in the area.We use only the finest and freshest ingredients to produce the best in modern English cuisine with the occasional hint of France and Italy..
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were a party of three and dined on Sunday at lunchtime and all chose from the set course menu.
We were warmly greeted by the owner, Alphonso, and he showed us to our table. The head waiter, Alfio, recommended our wine and both were very good . . . he never lets one down. Our starters were Moroccan Lamb, Chicken Roulade and Smoked Salmon with Rosti. The presentation was a sight for sore eyes. The taste of my lamb was excellent . . . my wife and aunt also enthused about their dishes.
For main course we chose Sea Bass, Chicken Breast and Haddock. Needless to say the presentation and taste were of the very highest order again.
I had a dessert which was a favourite, Toblerone Cheesecake with Black Cherries. Delicious!
Coffee and chocolates followed.
The quality and service at St James are still top notch. That is why it is, deservedly, the Number One Restaurant in the area.
Well done to all concerned.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Really good and varied menu, food is of the highest quality and service is attentive. Great for a quiet meal or family occasion, I like their creative take on traditional home cooked food.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of being brought here for lunch by a friend .Fearing the elitism and often pretentious atmosphere associated with such dining I would usually opt for a more informal dining experience and head to the nearest gastro-pub . However and thankfully all my preconceived notions were duly challenged during my lunchtime visit to St.James. The restaurant itself is
very well designed and conducive to what one would expect of this type of establishment. The service was impeccable ; welcoming , relaxed and informative but not intimidating unlike some of the reviews which have been posted recently and which encouraged me to share my own experience of the place.I don't pretend to know everything there is to know about food, if I did I would be a chef myself. However, I do consider myself a foodie and whilst I know what I like, I also like a bit of a challenge. Particularly, when I have been persuaded to step out of my comfort zone such as was the context of this visit. At first glance the menu seemed a little busy but once I gave it the attention it deserved, it was clear that this was not some standard soul-less establishment with inflated prices but rather a gem of a restaurant with a talented chef or chefs ?? Who are determined to challenge the status quo. Invited to taste the beetroot gazpacho with advocado sorbet, my initial apprehension dissolved as quickly as this refreshing , tongue tickling palate cleanser did when it crossed my lips. Having set the scene for the rest of my lunch which was consumed in a variety of audible noises such as 'ooh' and 'ahh' and 'mm' or 'I really didn't think that would work' I can honestly say that my visit to St James was one of the nicest lunch experiences I have had in a while and will definately be followed up by a date for dinner . Well done and well priced creative cuisine for discerning diners .

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Always have a good meal here. Friendly, pleasant service with a smile. The owner is charming and although we are "regulars", we are of the infrequent variety. Great food, very accommodating and very tolerant of allergies and food foibles.
Highly recommend - great for parties too! A local restaurant that has a warm, buzzy feeling.

1  Thank LondonShoegal
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went here for my birthday with my wife.
Being midweek I did not really excpect it to be very busy .... and it wasn't
Waiters were very curtious and understanding and allowed us to take our time.
Restaurant was a little too quiet for us. Although the food is great, it lost a star for me because there was no atmosphere in there. Dead quiet. Add some relaxing background music and it would be so much nicer. I have to admit that most of the items on the menu are not really the usual type of foods we go for, but nice to try anyway. Would I go back again, perhaps.