“Heaven on Earth”

Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tejakula
Reviewed 23 May 2012

As soon as we arrived at the Spa Village Tembok Bali at the end of March, we thought we'd found Paradise.

The first destination of our Honeymoon needed to be good after the stresses of a wedding and then 24rs travel, and the "welcome ritual"was the perfect start to probably the most relaxing few days that my wife and I have ever had.

The room, despite being one of the "basic" accomodations was great, the food fantastic and staff amazing (thanks to the lady that taught us thanks and "wichi wichi" over breakfast, and the restaurant's very own Wayan in particular).

We both loved it here and thanks to Sharon for building such a wonderful place, perfect, absolutely perfect. We've stayed in some of Europe's "finest" but nothing like this, and the "Heaven and Earth" treatment is a highlight of our two week honeymoon in Bali.

Room Tip: Start here if touring Bali - great to recharge after a long journey.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guildford23
sharron_hopley, Manager at Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Greetings from Spa Village Resort, Tembok Bali!

Delighted to hear you had a fabulous stay with us - we loved having you here. Heaven and Earth awaits your next visit with us in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2012

stayed there for our honeymoon in december 2011. totally enjoyed our decision to spend part of our honeymoon in this private idyllic resort. We were picked up at the airport and the driver was simply awesome. one down point is that the resort is about 3 hrs drive from the airport. Other than that, we have no complains. Food was great. Spa was wonderful. Great spot for couples! Totally 5 *!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and visiting our little hideaway. It was a pleasure to have you here. We wish you all the best and many blessings on your new journey together.

With love,

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We only stayed for two nights but it was simply amazing. It's location provides an escape from the normal hustle and bustle of Kuta. The activities were fun and the spa was wonderful.The staff could not do enough for us, we had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Simply amazing to have had you here - thank you for your support and please know you are always welcome back at Spa Village Resort, Tembok Bali!

Our Best,

Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed at the Spa Resort Tembok in Bali – for our two week honeymoon, simply took our breath away!
We looked at a lot of hotels in Bali before we decided on this resort.
For our honeymoon we wanted to stay somewhere where the service was impeccable, we were looking for somewhere exquisite, an idyllic location, great food and somewhere where we could feel pampered – and we found it – all we can say is wow, this place deserves all the praise you can possibly imagine and much much more.
We wanted to keep this our secret but feel we have to share this with you.

We booked through Audley Travel, who we have to say were by far the best travel company you could book with, Jacqui at Audley was just superb and organised everything for us, from tickets to itinerary, to being express cleared at the airport and organising a member of ground staff to meet us to get our visas at the airport, we did not have to stand in queues, in fact it was the quickest we have been out of an airport. Jacqui also called us a few days before the departure to make sure we had no questions and when we were delayed at Heathrow she called us to notify us that all the staff at the airport in Bali and resort were aware of the delays so we did not have to worry about them not knowing.
Our driver Russ from the hotel was waiting for us and our vehicle was air conditioned, with refreshments and towels, the ground staff even phoned the hotel to organise food in our room for our arrival as we were delayed and would have missed our evening meal.

The three and a half hour drive was very pleasant and really got our holiday started, Even though our driver Russ had to wait around for our arrival, he was professional, happy and chatty all the way to the resort. We arrived late so there was a limited amount to see as it was dark, but still Russ pointed out temples and places of interest on the way and talked to us about Bali and the way of life as if he were telling us for the first time, I’m sure we asked questions that he has heard a million times but his answers and manners were so genuine.

Upon arrival at the hotel, staff greeted us warmly and whisked our luggage off immediately; we were welcomed with a drink and the infamous foot scrub, followed, by a hot foot bath and a relaxing neck and shoulder massage, not forgetting the scented towel. We felt like king and queen.
We initially stayed in a Kamar room and were upgraded to a suite within a few days courtesy of Sharron, who couldn’t do enough for us. More about her later...
The Kamar room was so clean and beautifully laid out, our food was waiting in our room and very welcomed, we were shown around our room and everything was explained to us from how the air conditioning worked to treatments available to eating times etc ...thank you Rimbawan (who welcomed us and was always making sure we were ok), We were not just dumped there, the Balinese people have a wonderful way of making you feel like kings and queens and I think it also helps that Sharron runs a tight ship. The bathroom was immaculate, don’t take shampoo, conditioner or shower gel as this is all provided and generously topped up daily, its unnecessary baggage for you to take, the quality of the products provided were brilliant. We had clean towels that were changed daily and several times during the day if needed, the room staff kept our room immaculate throughout the day.
This was the same when we were upgraded to the "Suriya suite" and it was simply stunning, Thank you Sharron!!!, or should I say Suksma (thank you in Balinese) - The suites lounge was very large and beautifully decorated, the terrace was impressive the whole length of the suite with a great view of the pool and beach, simply perfect, we enjoyed our breakfast on the terrace, which we only had once as we enjoyed going to the restaurant and seeing the staff who were just brilliant and set you up for the day with their warm and smiling faces and not to mention their impeccable manners, which many people could learn from.
The suite was pure luxury!
We too never saw our room attendants – they just made our suite look immaculate and gorgeous every day. Our room was decorated with flowers, every night we had a little treat to look forward to, from nut brittle, mini sesame snaps to ginger sweets – yummy. Twice a day our room attendants left little notes for us, that left you smiling. Koming, Bogus & Malih thank you, - for ensuring our room was immaculate all the time and nothing was rushed, you took your time and everything in our room always looked so clean and lovingly tidied away. We never met any of you and only know the names from the little cards you left us, of which we have all.

What can I say about the food.... chef you were just brilliant – it was lovely how you took the time to meet us on several occasions; we were so touched at our special Indian duck vindaloo you cooked for us, which was mouth watering, our cooking class was fabulous and I am yet to make Nasi Goreng (with extra chillies)!!! Everyone must experience a cooking master class from chef, he makes it look easy and I was impressed how you have tailored the dishes in the class so that ingredients are easily accessible back home.
The food well that is another story, the food is simply divine, I took pictures of most of the dishes as the presentation was exquisite, I will be emailing you the pictures chef as promised.
We only gained a few pounds each, the quality of the food, freshness and the loving way it was prepared was an experience in itself. Well done!

The infinity pool area is so bliss and most of the time we felt like we had it to ourselves. The best pool attendants we have come across, brilliant service and they were always topping your water up and folding your t-shirts or straightening your towels.

Our Daily Spa treatments & massages were so amazing and rejuvenating and nothing was too much trouble for the girls in the spa and they also made aloe vera cooling treatments for my skin which was not on their list of services, they were so accommodating, they all had brilliant attitudes and were always happy. Thank you all, and my gosh you are so strong, the best massages we have ever had. The spa products used in the treatments were beautiful smelling and natural products. The frozen grapes to eat before your treatment were delicious, we also loved the Jammu too.
The complimentary activities were plentiful - yoga classes by Erica Mather the guest yoga teacher) were great, I only attended one, but I know several guests attended daily and were impressed as I was. Erica had a way of explaining yoga and the breathing techniques that made you understand. She was so friendly and warm, we enjoyed our chats with you, you are dedicated and a lovely person...
I enjoyed candle making, and Lontar drawing – Dharmada is very artistically gifted, thank you for helping with my book marks and we miss your evening music you played.

The receptionists were so professional and fantastic and always available to help and when they said they would do something they did, nothing was too much trouble.

We would like to thank everybody at the Spa Resort Tembok, for making our honeymoon truly wonderful, we are coming back and are looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
Thank you Gede at reception, for changing our itinerary on several occasions and booking our trips, you have the most amazing smile and always looked happy and unfazed and nothing was ever too much trouble for you.
Russ thank for looking after us and taking us out on a brilliant day tour, you made it so interesting and gave us a good insight into Balinese life, I enjoyed our chats, I know I bombarded you with lots of questions. Thank you also, to our driver (sorry for forgetting your name) who took us back to the airport and stopped off to allow us to do a bit of souvenir shopping.
Gede took us squid fishing and to watch the sunset go down, and looked after us at the pool side thank you for looking after me and going out and getting me creams for my heat rash, you were so kind and always checking up on us to make sure we were okay, thank you, and you are probably a dad now for the second time – so congratulations as we know your wife went into labour as we were leaving.
Ketut – you are brilliant, thank you for our waterfall cycling trip, it was a hard slog up hill but worth it. Thank you for looking after us by the pool and day bed every day, for making sure our water was topped up and towels laid out.
Fauzia – Thank you, for assisting in our room upgrade also checking to see if our stay was pleasant.
Lastly a huge thank you to Sharron Hopley the Resort Manager and we have made a new friend in you, you are such a kind and caring person, and the welfare of your guests is paramount and that is clearly demonstrated by you. I enjoyed our chats and thank you for your time you gave us, which we have never really had from other resort mangers. You run this place form the heart and your passion shows it. Thank you for making our stay better than we imagined, we miss the Spa village and are already planning our return, Congratulations on running a fabulous resort and running it so well, you deserve heaps of credit, and we hope the YTL group supports you in all that is needed to keep this resort running and looking so well.
We would like to thank all of the staff for giving us the holiday of our dreams - Bali is a truly divine place, very spiritual, lovely people, lots to do, a wonderful honeymoon destination, We stayed at the best place – go ahead book the Spa village at Tembok – what are you waiting for...
Niki & Peter

4  Thank Niki K

Thank you for taking time to write a review and for all your wonderful positive comments. Guests such as yourselves, make us feel like we made a positive difference to the world! Enjoy your new journey together and we look forward to see you again.

Wishing you a wonderful day,

Our best,

Reviewed 3 May 2012

If you are considering whether or not to go to Spa Resort Tembok in Bali - don't think any longer, just DO IT! It is the best holiday we've been on so far!
The beginning - it was a long flight from London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur, we then had to change flight to Denpasar Bali.
We jumped in our taxi, opened the windows and then the fairy tale started...
The three and a half hour drive through green, lush vegetation, rice fields and the mystifying smell of thousands and thousands of spices ( clove, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and many others I could not indentify), was like nothing I have experienced before (and I travel A LOT!).
Arriving at the hotel, we were very tired and welcomed the fantastic foot scrub, followed, by a hot foot bath and a relaxing neck and shoulder massage, all through a hot towel - oh, yes that was exactly what the doctor ordered.
I would recommend you opt for a suite if you can (they have 31 rooms, but only two suits and two villas, which also looked very nice).
The room we stayed in was the "Suria suit" and it was AMAZING - the lounge was very large with a sofa, two cosy sitting areas and a writing desk, leading to a HUGE terrace which was the whole length of the suite. The bedroom was also very spacious with a super king size bed (very comfortable), access to the terrace and a nice outside day bed to enjoy the breath taking views. At the other end of the terrace there was a table with two chairs if we wanted to have something to eat there. The suite had a large wardrobe with a huge door mirror and a gorgeous marble bathroom with a bath and separate shower....It was pure luxury!
We actually never saw our room attendants - they were like little ghosts, just making our suite gorgeous all the time, decorating it with flowers, each night they put on our bed a little present (normally a bite size treat to eat) and a pearl of wisdom with a good night wish - we looked forward to discover every night the new and very personalised offering.
Special thanks to Malih, - the way you made the bed was always amazing, Bagus - I loved your frangipani decorations and Koming - I wish I could tidy my house like you did our room...I REALLY MISS YOU GUYS...:-) The only way I know their names is because they were written on the "pearls of wisdom" cards.
What can I say about the food.... for 12 days I gained four and a half pounds, but believe me, IT WAS WORTH IT! (Try the banana pancakes for breakfast). The food is heavenly, all cooked fresh, with an amazing choice of appetisers, starters, main courses and deserts - all cooked for you freshly (there is not a buffet as the restaurant is a la carte, and different every day). My favourite waiters were Anam (very sweet with a fantastic smile), Agus (always attentive) and another chap whose name I have forgotten - really sorry, but he taught me most of my Indonesian and Balinese words, so thank you soooo much. All the restaurant managers were also very nice and one of them (I have forgotten his name as well - sorry) recommended to us the special Balinese style duck - IT IS A MUST, it was fantastic and we ate the hole duck!!!
The pool area is so peaceful, all the pool attendants make sure you always have ice cold water with lime, tea, coffee, or freshly squeezed fruit juice.
The resort has a very well equipped gym as well - we were the only people to use it, as most of the guests go there for rest, peace and tranquillity...all of which is available in abundance.
There is internet access in the reception area. As we are used to having constant access, we at first thought this would be a problem, but that soon got dispelled as we were kept busy with the DAILY SPA TREATMENTS AND MASSAGES (included in the price), complimentary activities - like the cooking classes (a MUST!), yoga classes (Erica Mather is a great yoga teacher), candle making, wood carving, recreation walks etc.... You are spoiled for choice.
The daily massages were amazing and my favourite masseuses were Katut and Heisty (if you like your massage strong they are the best - but also they can be as gentle as you want them to be). All of the materials in the spa are natural - coconut oil with ylang-ylang from the resort garden, banana leaves, aloe, etc...
The receptionists were also fantastic. We were very impressed with Rimbawan (who welcomed us and was always very attentive), Gede was so nice and arranged for someone to take a 7 hour return trip to get me a souvenir I wanted - unbelievable service!!! Yes they do that in Spa Resort Tembok. Also Made, who I think never slept, was always there for us with a fantastic smile and pleasant attitude
We have to thank everybody at the Spa Resort Tembok, for making our stay so pleasant and especially Sharron Hopley the Resident Manager - you made our stay incredible and unforgettable!
Oh and yes - value for money - absolutely as we were there full board and all we had to pay for were certain drinks and any excursions

We lived in the paradise and didn't want to leave and already planning our return there. Spa Resort Tembok is deeply in our hearts and we will be coming back very soon.

Room Tip: Opt for a suite if you can, they are great!
4  Thank Julia M
sharron_hopley, Manager at Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Greetings from Spa Village, Tembok Bali!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed response. We enjoyed reading your review in our morning meeting. It was a pleasure to meet you both and we look forward to seeing you very soon.

Wishing you a beautiful day,
Sharron and Team Tembok

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Upon arrival after a tiring journey with our car breaking down we eventually found the Spa Resort (you have to have eagle eyes or you will miss the turning). My initial impression was 'where is everyone?' It was so quiet. Our welcome drink, massage and foot bath was bliss after the ride.
We were escorted to our room, a Kamar on the ground floor, It was lovely, beautiful Balinese design. Tea awaited on a super large and very comfy bed and the marble Balinese style bathroom was lovely. Our terrace looked out onto the gardens and pool, an easy stroll to breakfast, the pool, beach.
We had initially booked B&B but upgraded to full board which included 3 course lunch, 3 course dinner and a daily spa treatment. This was a good deal as you had to eat in the resort each night due to it's remote location.
The grounds and infinity pool were sublime. The black sand beach was course sand but very picturesque.
The spa treatments included a complimentary 30 min pre-treatment which consisted of a Balinese style sauna and foot bath followed by a drink with frozen fruit. A lovely touch. The products used were all home made using local balinese ingredients. The staff were very professional and the treatments very relaxing.
Daily activities enhanced the stay and broke up the day, The bath scrub is a recipe I will be making again at home. The lumbar drawings and weaving were interesting. The yoga classes with Erica were great. I have done yoga (to a basic level) for some years and she is one of the best teachers I have come across. She explains things in a very simple but effective way. I learned a lot more about yoga in one session. The yoga swing, however, I would suggest is only for the superfit, be prepared to do your own warm up and cool down in that session. It felt more like a taster session than an actual fitness session.
Meals were generally lovely but I think they pander too much to Western palettes and their Indonesian dishes turned out bland as a result of being too restrictive with their spices.
Evenings are quiet, there is no bar or entertainment. It's location is remote so you are confined to the hotel to a certain extent. I think this is ideal, it is a retreat after all, but if you want this then look elsewhere.
Only down side we experienced was paying at the end. I would suggest taking enough cash to cover your bill as their credit card machine is temperamental and does not always work. Sharron was more than accomodating with offering alternative solutions, had they been needed, which was reassuring.

Room Tip: Do not be put off by their basic (Kamar) room. They are large and lovely. Ground floor rooms allow y...
3  Thank Nonymous

Greetings from Spa Village, Tembok Bali!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a delight to have to both here and we hope to see you again in the future.

Warmest Regards,
Sharron and Team Tembok

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Great food great treatments and a peaceful location provides a real getaway from those stresses & strains. The classes were really interesting and informative and became quite a challenge for who was going to best pupil. The boys were a bit treatment-ed out so an alternative for them would have been helpful maybe a bar or snooker table. As a result we did have a day out so probably useful to advise visitors of the availability of trips. A few trips had to be cancelled due to the poor weather we experienced boat trip, massage under the stars - but nobody can dictate the weather. The staff were always very accomodating and friendly and the chef made a lovely cake for my sister's birthday. Would thoroughly recommend for the ladies but if bringing your menfolk have some alternatives available for them. Sharon can you let me know best way to drop you an e mail. Thanks for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cbelle13
sharron_hopley, Manager at Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!

Thumbs up to you all and in particular to the fabulous 2 who gave it a go and incorporated Spa Treatments into their daily routine here and Spa Village Resort, Tembok Bali! It was such a pleasure to have met you all and we hope to see you soon again. Will send you an email shortly....

Thanks again and do stay in touch!

Best,
Sharron & Team Tembok

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tejakula
The Villas Tejakula
The Kayon Resort
#3 of 199 in Ubud
Poinciana Oceanside Resort & Retreat Centre
Cili Emas Oceanside Resort

Been to Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali? Share your experiences!