I think it is common knowledge that the stretch of beach where this resort is located is nothing to write home about. Yes, it is a health or wellness resort, so No smoking, No Tvs, No drinks service after dinner hours.
It is immediately apparent that Spa resort is an incarnation of a previous resort. The rooms are generous in size, but shows it's age, e.g. yellowish plastic phone which is without outside line. Layout is quite outdated and isn't the norm of a standard YTL hotel. The first room I checked into has a water leak right above the toilet seat. A room change was requested and apologetically arranged. I am disappointed to see an average woolen blanket being offered as a standard. These day an age, and with YTL's reputation, a common white duvet is expected.
The service of staff is very good though, everyone from front desk to restaurant staff and spa staff were all pleasant and professional. The pool area and gardens were kept very well.
I was on a full board plan and found the F&B offerings to be adequate but not spectacular. A usual good selection for breakfast and lunch, but I do find the food at dinner to be regularly of dish-out plan from a huge pot e.g. casseroles with rice, curry with rice etc. Yes, I understand this is a health resort, but for a big man like myself, the portions were too small. I asked for seconds but were told only fixed courses allowed and I will be charged extra for more; having said this, the restaurant manager did offer extra. The desserts were often tiny bits of local Indonesian cakes etc.
I appreciate the effort from all staff members, and the thoughtfulness of an invitation to dine with the GM and other hotel guests, as I am a lone traveler.
All in all, a good, relaxing stay, but found it to be too far, too healthy and could of gotten the same somewhere closer to Ubud, or Seminyak area. There are no shops etc near by, so bring your own snacks and booze if you want some late night drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back into time and discover the rich heritage of Bali at Spa Village Resort Tembok, Bali. Situated on Bali’s North East Coast, this charming resort spa draws from age-old Balinese traditions that is wrapped in spirituality and gentleness making this beautiful and secluded resort the perfect place for relaxation, recovery and self-discovery. With the promise of an experience that honours the healing cultures of the region, each Spa Village provides an individual and authentic encounter combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the healing practices of the area. Here, at Spa Village Resort Tembok, Bali the experience extends far beyond its spa treatments. Every aspects from architecture to cuisine and lifestyle, resonates within its Discovery Paths. Cradling the soul, this spa resort heals both body and psyche. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali Hotel Tembok
- Hotel Village Tembok Bali
- Resort Village Tembok Bali
- Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali Tejakula