My husband and I spent 2 weeks here for our honeymoon. We were looking for a chilled out relaxing place after the madness and frenzy of planning a wedding, and this was everything we were looking for. Before we left, we requested the activity list and planned out all the things we wanted to do. But once we arrived, we had no interest in leaving!
I'm going to take a leaf out of beckybennett101's review and not go over old ground. Instead, I'd like to point out the highlights for us.
1. First of all, the service and hospitality of the restaurant, spa and ground staff is second to none. They were genuinely friendly and enthusiastic. My husband is a chatter, and they would take time from their busy workloads to indulge his chattiness. Those who we would particularly commend are: Ketut, Anri, Sri, Suratmini, Komang and Ani. If you can, make sure Ketut is your masseuse - she is super friendly and her hands are AMAZING!
Everyone knew our names and always made it a point to greet us as they passed by.
2. The resort itself is gorgeous and so well maintained. We were lucky enough to stay in one of the villas - Baruna, and it was just phenomenal.
3. The spa treatments. These were fantastic. I'm not sure why some people have objected to the rooms - we found these more than suitable. The quality of the treatments surpasses any we've had before. There is enough of a range of treatments, although we mainly went for the massages. For the first time in our lives, we are knot free - special thanks to Ketut and Sari for working those out! We loved the massages so much we even paid for extra!
4. All the little touches - the notes on the bed with little treats, the welcome foot and shoulder massage, the cold towels at dinner, the many free activities on offer.
The not quite so perfect (these don't take away from my 5 rating, but would have prevented it being a 6):
1. We wanted to see a volcanic beach once in our lives, and having seen it, we wouldn't choose to do so again. It is beautiful but we prefer the white sand.
2. The food can get quite repetitive, especially since we were there for 2 weeks. It would have been nice to have a bit more variety, especially with the breakfast menu (although I appreciate there's only so many options for breakfast).
3. Initially housekeeping were a little lax - forgetting to leave toilet paper (awkward), leaving used towels on the floor, however, this improved in the second week.
4. On a couple of occasions, it seemed as if one staff member on reception was a little disengaged, and could have been a bit more friendly. This was particularly noticeable as everyone else was super friendly.
Things to do:
Massage under the stars - just amazing!
Private dinner on the beach - food was lovely and the sound of the waves...heaven
Special dinner - we had the baked fish one night and the duck for our private dinner. Definitely worth that little extra!
Waterfall ride - absolutely breathtaking and totally worth the very long bike ride!
Diving - my husband had a fab time, and I am extremely jealous that I didn't go.
The dolphin tour - although I can't comment overly as I ended up being sea sick.
Again, if you're prone to motion sickness, you may want to think twice about any sea related activities as the water is very choppy.
All in all, SVRT was everything we were looking for in a honeymoon. The little niggles were just that, and did not in any detract from what was an amazing time in an amazing place surrounded by amazing people. We definitely plan to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back into time and discover the rich heritage of Bali at Spa Village Resort Tembok, Bali. Situated on Bali’s North East Coast, this charming resort spa draws from age-old Balinese traditions that is wrapped in spirituality and gentleness making this beautiful and secluded resort the perfect place for relaxation, recovery and self-discovery. With the promise of an experience that honours the healing cultures of the region, each Spa Village provides an individual and authentic encounter combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the healing practices of the area. Here, at Spa Village Resort Tembok, Bali the experience extends far beyond its spa treatments. Every aspects from architecture to cuisine and lifestyle, resonates within its Discovery Paths. Cradling the soul, this spa resort heals both body and psyche. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali Hotel Tembok
- Hotel Village Tembok Bali
- Resort Village Tembok Bali
- Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali Tejakula