“Best B & B ever experienced”
Review of Old Pond Cottage

Old Pond Cottage
Hampshire
“Best B & B ever experienced”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I'd like to say I've stayed at Old Pond Cottage on several occasions as not only is it a great stop off when we are flying from Gatwick but also we have family in Petworth which is nearby. It is without doubt the best B & B we have ever stayed in with very comfortable rooms and lovely hosts Sandie & Brian. I am absolutely amazed with the last review as this does not sound like the same B & B the reviewers can be talking about. Sandie and Brian are the most friendly lovely people and always have made us so welcome. We always look forward to staying here and just love their cooked breakfasts as well as their personal touches such as home made biscuits which have always been in the room with the tea making facilities. When we first stayed here we checked the reviews and as anyone can see they are all excellent apart from one which says a lot. Without doubt Sandie & Brian you're doing an excellent job and it shows that you enjoy it and take your reviews seriously. Look forward to seeing you soon at our next stay early December.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely, one at the front has bath as well as shower en suite if that is important to y...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed one night at this well-presented B&B with immaculate rooms. We obviously caught the female proprietor on a bad day as she treated us with vague disdain throughout our stay and served us a technically excellent breakfast with passive/aggressive indifference. Through her comments and demeanour it was clear our business wasn't valued and she'd rather we weren't there. Avoid.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Syraulea
MaidinSussex, Owner at Old Pond Cottage, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Oh my goodness - I am SO sorry. I really don't know what happened - it doesn't sound like me at all! I have been running my B&B for over 5 years, and this is the first negative review I have ever received. If I appeared to be grumpy, I do apologise sincerely. You were valued, as are all my guests, and it is such a shame that you didn't feel that. If you ever decide to try us again, I promise I will make it up to you.
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Exceeded expectations. Very welcoming, wonderful attention to detail, superb rooms. Very convenient location for events at Bartholomew Barn nearby.
It would have been lovely to have had some more time here to explore the local area including pub next door. Maybe next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is the best B&B we stay in the UK. Very nice people top qualitie breakfast .home home made bread ,all meat from local butcher Free range eggs fresh oranges juice ,etc etc
Very nice rooms clean top bathroom fac,a pleasure o stay in this place. Next door good pub with fresh food .all in all we come back

Room Tip: Nothing to say all is good
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have been staying regularly at the Old Pond over the last two and a half years, and high time I submitted a review to echo and endorse the comments of all the other reviewers.
Sandie and Brian are always very welcoming, friendly and fantastic hosts. Rooms superbly furnished, spacious and spotless. Free wifi, and whilst not a 'full English breakfast' eater, the home made bread makes great toast. The extra over and above touches including tea and cake, and ice removed from the windscreen on a frosty winters morning are really appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful one night stay at Old Pond Cottage. Hosts friendly, room clean and comfortable. The double we stayed in had enough room for a large travel cot although that made it quite snug. Apparently the twin is larger.

Breakfast was perfect, the ultimate full english. Plus I'd highly recommend a meal at the pub next door, the three crowns.

• Stayed August 2013
leicestershire
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Sandie and Brian are the perfect hosts, with nothing being too much trouble.
The rooms are clean, fresh and extremely comfortable.
Breakfast is simply fantastic, you will not go hungry.
All in all a perfect choice for me and wouldn't go anywhere else!!!!
Only downside..........gets booked up quickly (due to its reputation I suppose), so book early to avoid being disappointed.

Thanks to both Brian and Sandie.........I will be recommending you to all !!!!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in two of the three rooms, both were great !!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 1 in West Chiltington
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding

Been to Old Pond Cottage? Share your experiences!