“A little piece of England”
Review of Old Mill Cafe

Old Mill Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Old Mill Cafe serves breakfast, varied lunches, afternoon teas, sandwiches, cakes, cream teas and Italian ice-cream. Daily specials.We open 9-4.00 Tuesday to Friday, 9-4.30 Saturday, 10-4.30 Sunday. CLOSED MONDAYS. Open on bank holidays. Outside seating. All welcome, including dogs
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stumbled across this place quite by chance and was immediately struck by its idyllic setting. It's a shame it sits on the other side of the road to the village green and that it is immediately adjacent to a road junction, but it really doesn't matter because everything else is so perfect. It is situated in an enchanting traditional shop front set well back from the road. There it parking for a three cars and six small tables situated outside so you can appreciate the outdoors on a warm sunny day. The staff are welcoming, friendly and attentive and there is a good selection of freshly made cakes, scones and buns for you to tuck into. A scone with butter and jam plus tea came to £4.20 which I thought perfectly reasonable. The food comes well presented with quality crockery and tableware, and I could not fault the quality of the food and tea, both of which were excellent. The Old Mill Café is a real find. I shall certainly stop again!

6  Thank GrevHut

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My BLT Ciabatta takeaway sandwich was nice but it disintegrated on eating ( I walked across the A272 and ate it in the shade on the edge of the green - idyllic!) and I feel that £4 was a bit pricey. For four quid I'd have liked the bread to have had some olives in it maybe, anything to make it more special. In fairness I asked for no butter, no mayo but I struggled to eat it elegantly and ended up with lettuce in my lap. Service couldn't have been better but I doubt I'd return at that price. Perhaps £3 would have been more reasonable?

2  Thank Region2
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We chanced upon the Old Mill Cafe as we looked for somewhere to have lunch in the attractive village of Wisborough Green. The cafe loses points for its rather cramped interior but the Tuscan Bean Soup, which we all chose, would score full marks every time and would attract us back.

2  Thank ChrissieDenton
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Visited May Day Bank Holiday for 2nd time. Really nice area with tables in the sunshine across from the green. The road can be a bit noisy as it is next to a junction and there seem to be a lot of motorcycles go past. Cosy inside and friendly welcome. We have only had tea and cakes but they were fine and average prices. Car parking on the road opposite by the green. Toilets are over the road and there is a campaign for the council to keep them open. The two nearby pubs were busy. Will be popping in again.

5  Thank Teacake_Taster
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Miss his Italian restaurant in West Street Horsham - but delighted to discover he has opened a little gem in Wisborough Green. 11 of us going for birthday lunch today and we KNOW it will be fab. Good host, good food, good time.

5  Thank Meatmanmartin