“Never Again!”

Old Mill Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Old Mill Cafe serves breakfast, varied lunches, afternoon teas, sandwiches, cakes, cream teas and Italian ice-cream. Daily specials.We open 9-4.00 Tuesday to Friday, 9-4.30 Saturday, 10-4.30 Sunday. CLOSED MONDAYS. Open on bank holidays. Outside seating. All welcome, including dogs
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We visited this cafe with a group of friends. The waiter was rude to our friend, we didnt receive all of the food and drinks that we ordered, the food that we did receive wasn't as described on the menu and the bread was mouldy! Would never go back!

7  Thank Matthew L
There are newer reviews for Old Mill Cafe

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We met friends here last week for lunch and it was our first visit, and were delighted with the food, service and surroundings. This is a small café with some outside seating and a varied Italian menu with daily specials chalked on a blackboard averaging £8-9, all served by the proprietor. It was a hot day so we all chose salads- my crab salad was fresh and tasty and my companions had the greek (feta) salad which we enjoyed with warm toasted ciabatta, washed down with San Pelligrino Limonata (lemonade) . We had no room for dessert, sadly (I would have liked to try the ice cream!), but thought the coffees we ended our meal with superb. They are not licensed but we were told that if you wanted to come for a celebration, you could bring your own wine.
The café is open all day from 8am and serves breakfast until 12 noon, light lunches and afternoon teas. There is a small selection of Italian biscuits, jams and honeys available to buy.

6  Thank Christine W
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stumbled across this place quite by chance and was immediately struck by its idyllic setting. It's a shame it sits on the other side of the road to the village green and that it is immediately adjacent to a road junction, but it really doesn't matter because everything else is so perfect. It is situated in an enchanting traditional shop front set well back from the road. There it parking for a three cars and six small tables situated outside so you can appreciate the outdoors on a warm sunny day. The staff are welcoming, friendly and attentive and there is a good selection of freshly made cakes, scones and buns for you to tuck into. A scone with butter and jam plus tea came to £4.20 which I thought perfectly reasonable. The food comes well presented with quality crockery and tableware, and I could not fault the quality of the food and tea, both of which were excellent. The Old Mill Café is a real find. I shall certainly stop again!

6  Thank GrevHut
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My BLT Ciabatta takeaway sandwich was nice but it disintegrated on eating ( I walked across the A272 and ate it in the shade on the edge of the green - idyllic!) and I feel that £4 was a bit pricey. For four quid I'd have liked the bread to have had some olives in it maybe, anything to make it more special. In fairness I asked for no butter, no mayo but I struggled to eat it elegantly and ended up with lettuce in my lap. Service couldn't have been better but I doubt I'd return at that price. Perhaps £3 would have been more reasonable?

2  Thank Region2
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We chanced upon the Old Mill Cafe as we looked for somewhere to have lunch in the attractive village of Wisborough Green. The cafe loses points for its rather cramped interior but the Tuscan Bean Soup, which we all chose, would score full marks every time and would attract us back.

2  Thank ChrissieDenton