“Fantastic dive centre”
Review of Tofo Scuba

Tofo Scuba
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Tofo
More attraction details
Owner description: TOFO SCUBA is the longest running dive center in Mozambique. (18 Years) We pioneered diving in the Tofo, Barra area. We are a PADI Resort center. We also offer RAID courses (Open Water to instructor) which can be a more affordable option as it does not require that you purchase a book. (E learning) We are situated right on the beach and 30 meters from the sea. (Next to Dino's bar and Fatima's Backpackers). We have an awesome restaurant on site. Tofo Scuba has the ONLY HEATED DIVER TRAINING POOL IN TOFO (26 degrees instead of 18 degrees) We run 3 x 8,3 meter superducks powered by 100hp Yamaha 4 stroke motors. FREE NITROX for those divers who are qualified Nitrox divers. This will give you 10 to 15 min..Longer bottom time on our deep dives. Safety (2 Dive Masters on EVERY Dive) and customer service are our priority. Free WI FI For Tofo Scuba Customers. Your own LOCKER to safely store your personal belongings. MISSION STATEMENT. It is the stated objective of the staff and management of Tofo Scuba to provide to our customers the highest standard of quality and service as it relates to scuba diving and scuba diver training. This commitment to service excellence will be seen in our desire and ability to continually improve the standard of both our student training programs and our daily casual diver charters. Of prime importance to us, is the safety and well being of all our customers and students. We will be measured by our ability to always supply well-maintained, safe diving equipment, good quality air and fully equipped, seaworthy dive boats at all times. We undertake to always foster an environment conducive to the safer learning and enjoyment of scuba diving in a friendly and relaxed manner. Our attitude toward scuba diving and diver training will always be conservative.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic dive centre”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Had a great 2 days in tofu. Best diving I've ever done - mantas, turtles, sharks and humpback whales. Awesome! Can't wait to come back...

Visited July 2014
1 Thank sam n
Hey guys.
So glad you enjoyed diving and eating with us. Many thanks for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. It is most appreciated. Your feedback is really important to us.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great vibe, nice people and amazing sea life”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Nice tranquil place with friendly staff from both Moçambique and abroad. Good equipment and lovely diving! We saw many manta's, dolphins and some whale sharks. Loved the launching and the restaurant as well, they do really good salads and coffees!

2 Thank Kristel v
Cairo, Egypt
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Had a BLAST”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Super friendly, and professional. True, I was not lucky enough to see the elusive whale shark, but needless to say i had a brilliant time! I guess it is always good reason to go back!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Beco G
Pretoria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Friendly, professional dive charter”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband, my son and his girl-friend did 5 dives each with Tofo Scuba. On the first day, there was a welcome blackboard with their names on it - a lovely, friendly touch. As my husband had completed his open-water PADI certificate 16 months previously and had not done any diving since, Nikki had recommended that he should book a refresher course in the pool before doing his first dive. This was excellent advice, and much-needed practice. Dinnis handled that pool session with much skill and patience, going over all the basics and giving my husband the confidance to do his first post-certificate dive in the afternoon. Not being a diver myself, I cannot comment on the diving sights, but what I can say is that the dives were well-organised, the staff friendly and professional, and that my party enjoyed each of their dives tremendously. Tofo Scuba is right on the beach and has a restaurant which serves drinks and food throughout the day, so it's great for non-divers to sit at one of the long wooden tables, read, watch the action on the beach, take pictures, etc. There is even free wi-fi for those who cannot do without it even on holidays, and wooden loungers to fall asleep on while waiting for the divers to return. The vibe around the place is laid-back and we hung around for quite a while after each dive. We would definitely recommend Tofo Scuba, and would love to go back during whale shark season!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank DanielleEA
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tofo Scuba..Awesome!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I just want to thank Tofo Scuba and the whole team for an amazing experience. I completed my Rescue Divers as well as a bunch of fun dives during my short stay.
I went with an idea in mind of what i thought Mozambique and its diving had on offer, but my experience there completely changed all pre conceived ideas. Most of this had to do with the awesome staff who made my time there easy, relaxed, fun and enjoyable.

Thanks again to all who made my time there a memorable one and to all the guys behind the scenes who make everything run seamlessly from one day to the next.

Shane

Visited May 2014
2 Thank ShaneMuhl
Hey guys.
So glad you enjoyed diving and eating with us. Many thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. It is most appreciated. Your feedback is really important to us.