“Conference WIN!!!”
Review of Tahoe Brew Tours

Tahoe Brew Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A $99 brewery tour ticket will provide guests with an appetizer of their choice, transportation to 3 different breweries around beautiful Lake Tahoe in a custom 15 passenger van, complimentary flights of beer, and an exclusive experience at each brewery with insight into the brewing process of various beers from the brewers themselves. An $85 brewery tour ticket provides guests with a North Lake Tahoe brewery tour that starts later in the afternoon (appx 1:00pm). This tour also includes appetizers, flights of complimentary beer at each stop of the tour, transportation, and complimentary snacks and water on the bus. A $100 adventure tour provides guests with a guided tour with a local guide from the Tahoe Adventure Company out on the beautiful clear waters of Lake Tahoe atop a SUP or kayak, followed by a tour of Alibi Ale Works in Incline Village, NV. The brewery tour portion of this tour includes complimentary beer tasting, as well as a behind the scenes look at the production side of this local craft brewery.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I organized an abbreviated version of the North Tahoe Beer tour for a conference held at the Granlibakken Resort in August. Throughout the planning process Ben was extremely easy to work with, accommodated all of our needs, and responded to inquiries immediately. Everyone who opted for this excursion thoroughly enjoyed it. The beer was fantastic but even better, the group I was working with expected an educational beer experience with an environmental slant and Ben and his brewing partners were able to deliver. I would highly recommend this as an excursion for conferences & seminars or to those who just want a leisure afternoon of beer.

Date of experience: August 2017
"company"
"tahoe"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Breweries were on my husband's must-do list for Tahoe and we contemplated just finding a few on our own as he is not usually a fan of group tours, but after hearing a glowing recommendation for this relatively new local business, we and my sister and brother-in-law decided to give it a try. So glad we did - Gus is very personable, super nice guy and great to talk with about anything beer or Tahoe related. It would have been difficult, if not almost impossible to find a couple of these places on our own as they were in more industrial areas. And of course, we likely would not have had access to the brewery area/brewmasters, always interesting to see the inner-workings, fascinating what all goes into (or can go into) making beer.
Finally, the best reason of all, I didn't have to drive them around! I actually don't even drink beer, which my husband let Gus know ahead of time and he had wine for me at two stops (where available). He even picked a few beer samples for me to try. Didn't win me over, but I greatly appreciate the effort. And the wine.
Great way to spend an afternoon, even if you're not a beer drinker!
Side note - I should mention, we totally lucked out and were the only people on the van for the tour. So I can't speak to what a more full tour bus is like.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank southerngirl98
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I set this up as a little bit of a last minute tour to take our daughter out for her birthday. Gus was kind enough to take us around even though we were a smaller group. He and Alison were right on time, friendly and happy to tell us about the area and the breweries we went to. Great people, really. The breweries had a good selection a beer and were very relaxing to hang out at. Definitely recommend using Tahoe Brew Tours.

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank Philip L
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I wasn't feeling all that great on the rainy Saturday we had scheduled the brew tour for but I had a feeling it was just what I needed. Gus and Ben picked us up promptly where we were staying and helped our group into the immaculate and very comfortable brew tour van. The tunes playing through the van's speakers (most notably "Brandy" by the Looking Glass) helped to set the day off right as we picked up the rest of the passengers and set off for our first brewery. We visited three different breweries on our tour, each with its own unique environment and welcoming staff to show us the facilities and teach us a bit about the brewing process. The staff at the breweries seemed happy to have our group and we could tell that they have a great relationship with Gus and Ben as well.

I would absolutely recommend this as an event to add on to any trip to Tahoe. Even if you're not a big beer drinker you're sure to enjoy the tasty snacks and cozy environment of the different breweries, as well as the knowledge that the brewery staff as well as Gus and Ben have to share. How can you go wrong with an educational drinking activity that comes equipped with a good playlist and a sober driver?

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Laura J
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

We signed up and paid for a full day, three brewery tour. Unfortunately, we were limited to two breweries because roads were closed to the third. We had a great time and would recommend this tour....although we were disappointed that we were charged $100/person and never got to visit the third brewery. Due to 3rd brewery not being included, our tour ended at 1:30 pm vs 5 pm.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Becky L
Management response:Responded 21 February 2017

Hello there,
I am writing to apologize for the slightly abbreviated tour that you currently attended. After checking with the driver for this tour, the tour concluded by dropping guests off closer to 3:00pm. Additionally, it was apparent that the advertised amount of craft beer was provided to tour guests, and that the transportation of this tour was inhibited by rock and mudslides around the Tahoe area in this last major winter storm.

We would be happy to take your group out again at a later date for a great "returner's" rate for your entire group, should you be in the Tahoe area. Our guest's experience is of paramount importance to us at Tahoe Brew Tours. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again!

Ben Kimple, Owner