Open today: 10:00 - 21:00

from US$64.00
from US$40.24
from US$163.00
More Info
All reviews local breweries brewery tour gus van company tahoe
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We came to Tahoe and weren't going to hit the slopes, so we searched for something to do. So glad we found this brewery tour! Not only do you get to samples lots of delicious beers, you get to meet some amazing people from all over. Our guide/owner was friendly and knowledgeable about beers and the process to make them. He took us to some unique local breweries, all whom made us feel welcome. So glad we did this tour.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank jacobcodysmom
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I organized an abbreviated version of the North Tahoe Beer tour for a conference held at the Granlibakken Resort in August. Throughout the planning process Ben was extremely easy to work with, accommodated all of our needs, and responded to inquiries immediately. Everyone who opted for this excursion thoroughly enjoyed it. The beer was fantastic but even better, the group I was working with expected an educational beer experience with an environmental slant and Ben and his brewing partners were able to deliver. I would highly recommend this as an excursion for conferences & seminars or to those who just want a leisure afternoon of beer.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank gigi664
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Breweries were on my husband's must-do list for Tahoe and we contemplated just finding a few on our own as he is not usually a fan of group tours, but after hearing a glowing recommendation for this relatively new local business, we and my sister and brother-in-law decided to give it a try. So glad we did - Gus is very personable, super nice guy and great to talk with about anything beer or Tahoe related. It would have been difficult, if not almost impossible to find a couple of these places on our own as they were in more industrial areas. And of course, we likely would not have had access to the brewery area/brewmasters, always interesting to see the inner-workings, fascinating what all goes into (or can go into) making beer.
Finally, the best reason of all, I didn't have to drive them around! I actually don't even drink beer, which my husband let Gus know ahead of time and he had wine for me at two stops (where available). He even picked a few beer samples for me to try. Didn't win me over, but I greatly appreciate the effort. And the wine.
Great way to spend an afternoon, even if you're not a beer drinker!
Side note - I should mention, we totally lucked out and were the only people on the van for the tour. So I can't speak to what a more full tour bus is like.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank southerngirl98
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I set this up as a little bit of a last minute tour to take our daughter out for her birthday. Gus was kind enough to take us around even though we were a smaller group. He and Alison were right on time, friendly and happy to tell us about the area and the breweries we went to. Great people, really. The breweries had a good selection a beer and were very relaxing to hang out at. Definitely recommend using Tahoe Brew Tours.

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank Philip L
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I wasn't feeling all that great on the rainy Saturday we had scheduled the brew tour for but I had a feeling it was just what I needed. Gus and Ben picked us up promptly where we were staying and helped our group into the immaculate and very comfortable brew tour van. The tunes playing through the van's speakers (most notably "Brandy" by the Looking Glass) helped to set the day off right as we picked up the rest of the passengers and set off for our first brewery. We visited three different breweries on our tour, each with its own unique environment and welcoming staff to show us the facilities and teach us a bit about the brewing process. The staff at the breweries seemed happy to have our group and we could tell that they have a great relationship with Gus and Ben as well.

I would absolutely recommend this as an event to add on to any trip to Tahoe. Even if you're not a big beer drinker you're sure to enjoy the tasty snacks and cozy environment of the different breweries, as well as the knowledge that the brewery staff as well as Gus and Ben have to share. How can you go wrong with an educational drinking activity that comes equipped with a good playlist and a sober driver?

Date of experience: April 2017