“PITIFUL.”

Beverly Lodge South Lake Tahoe
Ranked #65 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

My family and I's initial hotel was overbooked so we had to find a quick last minute hotel and this came up.

1) The picture of the "nice" pool they have posted is horrid. There's trash, its empy, cracked, and green
2) We had to wait 30 minutes so they could find the key to out hotel
3) The top of the toilet seat in our room was cracked in half (Then when we told them about it, they gave us a new toilet seat for US to put it on)
4) The doors are raggedy, remote controls are held together by duct tape
5) Holes in the blanket
* The only plus side is the location with it being walking distance from the lake

Overall this is the worse hotel/motel I've been in my life & we travel a lot.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank klandsfamily
There are newer reviews for Beverly Lodge South Lake Tahoe

Reviewed 18 September 2012

My husband and I needed a one night stay for Saturday 9/15/12, we had other hotel arraigements for the rest of the weekend. We checked in and the "King suite" they put us is was horrible beyond words, the window was open prior to us checking in, the carpet was so filthy that I was trying to figure how to levitate. The smell was a combo of dirt, smoke and well you can only imagine. The table near the window was dirty, I always make a quick check of the bed, it had not fresh linen. The bathroom was 1950 small, the sink was not cleaned. The toilet and shower was moldy and dank. We quickly went back in. They put us in a small room and it was just as bad. Cleaner the bed was so tiny and the bathroom was just puny. No amenities , no tissue, no shampoo, and thin, stinky towels. Needless to say, it was a long, sleepless night, Never again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Toni M
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Horrid experience. Beverly Lodge was VACANT!!! (explains why they were the only vacant lodge)

BEVERLY LODGE:their pool was drained...Sister and I checked in, for 1 night (74.50), the older gentleman in there was very kind... just saying. Anyhow, he saw that there were 4 of us, so he kindly "gave" us a room, with another room inside of it. I believe it was room 210. We were stoaked until we saw the room. There weren't any air conditioning and was told to "open the window, it's not that hot right now." The combined rooms reeked of pee, smoke, body odor, sweat, bad feet odor, poop and anything else that you could think of... that would stink!
The window was broken, like, literally cracked in the lower right hand side. There was bird poop on the window sill (I know... "HOW THE HELL???") I don't know. And above the poop, on the window, it looked somewhat like a blood stain.

DEAL BREAKER: my BIL went into the restroom before we were off on the road, and all I hear is "Oh crap, let me out!!!" Since I was closest to the door, I ran to see what I could do for him. Turns out, the lock for the bathroom was turned to everybody else in the room, and the inside of the bathroom, had the key portion of the knob! Of course he didnt pee. I went upfront, told the guy I was very sorry, but needed a refund "because his room was creepy" and he responded with "I dont understand what you're trying to say" so I just simply said "I need a refund, your rooms scares me" and left this place.

Room Tip: If you have to use an actual KEY to open the door, dont stay there!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank beahbay823
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The room was dirty. The bathroom floor looked as if, it had never. Been cleaned. Therei was no air conditioning no screen on the bathroom window so the bugs came to play. The carpet was disgusting, there was trash under the bed, and this was just the start. There is no maid service. But we did see a drunk person who was so loud and disgusting, wearing shorts that exposed her bottom, supposedly cleahning the check-outs. The loud music, the barking dogs locked in a vechicle, the people coming and going at all hours from the helps room made it very unpleasant. Thank goodness I did not have to stay. If there was a,rating below terrible they deserve it. I waited until i got home to bathe, and write this.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. The new manager was very nice, but he has a lot of work ahead of him.
Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jazzy C
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We were here for our daughters softball tournament at the end of June. This place was about $66 for 2 queens and I wish we spent more for a different place. The room was filthy and smelled of old smoke though they said we were in a non smoking room. The green carpet was so dirty it was black with a huge chunk out of it between the beds. Huge seminal fluid stain on the underside of the bedspread. No AC but instead an oscillating fan. All appliances were unplugged. Desk chair so filthy. The tub leaked and when you showered the entire bathroom floor got soaked. The room had a floor lamp that did not work. One small lamp made the room very dark and depressing. There was not even an alarm clock. The end table drawer had dead bugs like they fumigated. The pictures do not do portray a realistic image of this hotel. No pool. Drained and covered with a tarp. No maid service. Thank goodness there for just a few hours to sleep. The bathroom window was cracked and the shower curtain rod looked like they got it at a cheap garage sale. It was filthy and I waited until I got home to shower. Spend a little more and stay somewhere nicer. Its so worth it!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nvmomof2
Reviewed 3 June 2012

It is 3am and I am writing this review while still in my room. The police have been called out multiple times by different guests for the noise and fighting of the various guests. I am pretty sure some of the people actually live in this dump and use it to deal drugs. I have stayed in some bad places before but you wouldn't believe this! I personally called the front desk and received no help. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Hrahe3
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Wireless is basically useless, room was very cold and dated. Bed fell apart the first time we sat on it.
Ended up leaving the hotel within 1 hr of getting there. Moved next door to a better room and ended up costing less money. On the positive note we were able to get our money back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donsgirl1111
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#76 of 119 in Lake Tahoe (California)
National 9 Inn - South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#42 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Howard Johnson South Lake Tahoe
Howard Johnson South Lake Tahoe
#60 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Area
Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Are...
#54 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Rodeway Inn Casino Center
#34 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Best Choice Inn South Lake Tahoe
Best Choice Inn South Lake Tahoe
#45 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Beverly Lodge South Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!