“Good food for the price”

Heidi's Pancake House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We've been providing top quality local food and service since 1964.Heidi's Pancake House, as our locals have named us, is the perfect spot to enjoy a delicious meal with a group of friends. Not only do we serve breakfast, but we also have burgers, salads, beer and wine. We also cater! Locals love us and tourists do too. Stop by next time you are in the South Lake Tahoe area!
Orlando, Florida
“Good food for the price”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The pancakes were soft and very good.The carol's omelet was great! The banana muffin/bisquit was okay. I'd come back

• Visited November 2013
Don T, Don, Owner at Heidi's Pancake House, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Happy to hear you enjoyed everything from the pancakes to the omelette! Thanks so much for sharing this with others. It means a lot to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Hollister, California
“Looks better than it is”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I finally made it here for breakfast and was disappointed with the food. The atmosphere and service were great, but the food was bland. We had 6 in our party and everyone had the same opinion. Good coffee, average food. Biscuits dry, gravy bland, crepes too much blueberries, so so frend toast, and so on. Not going back.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank mquil
I'm sorry to hear that you weren't more impressed with your breakfast here. What all did you order exactly? Likewise, what do you think it was missing? Our kitchen works hard to give every dish the right amount of flavor, so I'll make sure to pass along your feedback to them. Thanks for sharing and stay in touch!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Are you really that hungry?”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was disappointed since I have been wanting to go there for years. It was not what I expected although the place itself is nice with its rustic look--my favorite decor. The food however was not as good as Denny's or IHOP. Not having tried everything on their menu I cannot judge everything but I probably will not visit Heidi's again unless I'm really that hungry. My wife did not like her plate either so if I'm with her, we definitely will not be able to go there again. I really wanted it to be good so maybe I just had high hopes. We've gone to IHOP several times and although the place is not much the food has always been great. Try Heidi's at least once for its rustic decor. :)

• Visited November 2013
Though I'm happy to see you appreciate our decor, I'm disappointed to see you haven't been more impressed with our food. We work hard to be better than our competitors, using only the best quality ingredients—unlike other places, we'll never skimp.

That said, would you mind clarifying how you think your meal could have been more satisfying? We value any insight you send our way.

I look forward to hearing more from you. Thanks for reviewing us the other day and stay in touch!

Santa Clarita, California
“Pancakes your way”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This cozy little breakfast/lunch spot is wonderful. They have every style of pancakes you can imagine. The fruit toppings were delicious, my wife got the strawberry pancakes and enjoyed them. I got the raspberry pancakes - it was like eating a giant jelly donut on a plate. Does it get any better than that?

• Visited November 2013
Thanks for sharing! I'm happy to hear that you and your wife are fans of our breakfast options, especially the raspberry pancakes. That said, I was wondering, what could we do better next time? Any feedback helps, as we're always looking to improve. Thanks again and stay in touch!

Concord, CA
“It's not Denney's!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

For anyone that prefers Denney's have at it.........you can get Denney's "food" (if you can call it that) anytime any place as it is "chain food"...ewwwwwww....This is Heidi's I have been coming to Heidi's since I was 5. My grandfather brought me the 1st time after we cruised the lake on his boat one early fall morning and I have loved Heidi's ever since. Food is good, coffee hot and plentiful and service has always been friendly

• Visited October 2013
Don T, Don, Owner at Heidi's Pancake House, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
It's been a treat serving you over the years, Roylen, and we appreciate you continuing to support us on TripAdvisor! You've hit on everything we aim for and it's much appreciated. Still, we know there's always room for improvement, so if you have any suggestions for what we could do better next time, feel free to share them with me. Thanks for reviewing us and come back soon!

Best wishes,