1,415 results
All reviews boathouse restaurant beachfront room tiki hut lake view paddle boats rooms are small across the street third floor gas fireplace beach access sliding door bottom floor hot tub king room great place to stay definitely stay here again grocery store
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel and great staff. Jacob and Gabbie helped me at the front desk and made sure I was happy with my room. They welcomed me to town with a smile. Was nice after a long car ride. I even got a great deal on an upgrade with lake views! When I had an issue with my fireplace, Jacob made sure it was taken care of. Beautiful views. Can't wait to bring my family back in the summer

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Brandon R, Manager at Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear valued guest,

We are so excited to hear about your stay with us, thank you for mentioning Jacob and Gabbie. This is the level of service that we always strive for.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to serving you again.

David M

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I had the time of my life! So much fun. The bartender, Wil, is a keeper... made all my cares drift away.

Definitely coming back!! Thanks for the conversation. The view was great. Could use some more gluten free options...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Crissi F,

Thank you for your kind words, we will be sure to share them with Wil. We appreciate the feedback regarding gluten free options and have passed this on to the chef.
We hope to see you back again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We took a family trip with our two young kids, and it met our needs, but based on the pictures we were expecting something a bit nicer. Hotels in Tahoe are pricey, and It was one of the more affordable, non-motel options, but I don't really feel like we got what we paid for. We had a standard double room, because I don't think 2 queens are available there, and everyone we dealt with from the front desk was friendly and helpful. The best part of the hotel is the location. It's right on the water, and we all enjoyed the gorgeous view. BUT there were so many short comings to the property that I doubt we would stay again. The room was small, and we only had a shower, no tub for the kids or soaking after a long day. This info wasn't provided when booking, along with the boathouse bar being closed for the season. We were really hoping to have some drinks with the great view on the water. It was part of the selling point for us,The room was also kind of dingy, with a stale smell and dirty carpets. The pillows were so soft that we needed 2 each so that our heads wouldn't sink to the mattress. Our mini-fridge didn't work, and the nearest microwave was in the gym. Lastly, we were downstairs and when the people upstairs were walking around, it sounded like dropping bowling balls.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel offers the best location, right on the beach and just a 5-min drive away from all the activities like skiing, movies, casinos etc. The food is good and the staff is amazing! Kudos to Andy at the frontdesk!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Positives:
- Excellent location on the beach. We had a room facing the beach.
- Good facilities like hot tub, fire-pit, gym
- Very close to all the activities in town
- Clean rooms
- Good staff

Negatives:
- No breakfast option at hotel

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends