1,398 results
All reviewsboathouse restaurantbeachfront roomtiki hutlake viewpaddle boatsrooms are smallacross the streetstarbucks coffeethird floorgas fireplacebeach accesssliding doorbottom floorhot tubking roomgreat place to staydefinitely stay here again
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Location:
- Pros: Beachfront room with direct view of the lake = incredible views. Relaxing view. Very small balcony (didn't use much because of how cold it is this time of year).
- Cons: 1.5 miles from Heavenly village shopping/dining (shuttle only during peak days so we drove one day and had to pay $25 for parking). Sketchy people in this area of south shore in general (e.g., people clearly on drugs, people smoking & drinking on the beach, police trying to find someone in next door parking lot area when we were walking back to the hotel from stateline area).

Room:
- Pros: fireplace, large mirror on one wall makes the small room feel a little bigger, sink separate from toilet/shower room, spacious dresser.
- Cons: small room, outdated bathroom/shower, no in-room safe, very small balcony, walls are THIN (woken up by people walking up the stairs, lamp rattles when walking normally across the room) and hallways are NARROW (makes transporting luggage a challenge).

Other:
- breakfast is not included but the on-site Dazed and Confused Donut/Coffee shop has yummy breakfast sandwiches and donuts.
- stayed here for our wedding, which they knew about, and nothing special was done or offered to acknowledge this. Even upon check-out they said congratulations and then "thank you for staying us Ms. ___"
- bed was not very comfortable which was okay for the 1st night, a little tough the 2nd night, and made for a very poor night of sleep the 3rd night.
- Restaurant/Bar had very limited hours and was only serving drinks (no dinner).

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abby C
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We took a double bed room and checked in by 8 PM. At the reception we been told that we are taking the last room as it is completely full.
The hotel and the room is more like average “Inn” hotels. Room are equipped with AC/heater mounted in the wall. The isolation is at lowest level: you can actually hear any adjacent room families discussion, any walking / moving from the room above and flush toilet or shower around.
Unfortunately, the room we got was not clean prior our coming. The bathroom and restroom had belonging the families left before (disgusting), floor required a series vacuum cleaning and we had instrumentation water difficulties. It took cleaning staff an hour to arrive while kids were already in bed. He complained that he is working alone tp serve every one the whole day. We skip waiting for technician to check the bathroom.
The morning after my wife had a serious allergies and could barely breath.
Well, overall, terrible experience, especially with kids, coming late evening. Our last visit there.

Room Tip: I would suggest just to skip to another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Arthur T
Brandon R, Manager at Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Arthur T,

We are very sorry to hear about your less than acceptable stay with us. We have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping team to ensure that this does not happen again. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your valuable feed back.

Best Regards

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Late reviewer, we stayed August 2017. Website looked great, I was super excited to stay at this beachfront hotel. It was a motel. Gross, dirty, extremely rundown. Bathrooms were the worse thing I had ever seen. Beds extremely uncomfortable. We could hear everything going on in the neighboring unit. We stayed on the second floor so we had to maneuver up badly rundown stairs, I thought I was going to get mugged it was so sketchy. The lobby was nice, check in took a while. Beach bar was expensive and not the atmosphere one would expect. Beach itself looked dirty, water was brown, I would not want to spend the day lounging there. We spend out time over around Sand Harbor, much nicer water and very clear.
We were booked for 2 nights, we ended up going home after 1 because I didn't spend another $200+ dollars to stay in that horrible motel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel and great staff. Jacob and Gabbie helped me at the front desk and made sure I was happy with my room. They welcomed me to town with a smile. Was nice after a long car ride. I even got a great deal on an upgrade with lake views! When I had an issue with my fireplace, Jacob made sure it was taken care of. Beautiful views. Can't wait to bring my family back in the summer

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Dear valued guest,

We are so excited to hear about your stay with us, thank you for mentioning Jacob and Gabbie. This is the level of service that we always strive for.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to serving you again.

David M

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I had the time of my life! So much fun. The bartender, Wil, is a keeper... made all my cares drift away.

Definitely coming back!! Thanks for the conversation. The view was great. Could use some more gluten free options...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Crissi F,

Thank you for your kind words, we will be sure to share them with Wil. We appreciate the feedback regarding gluten free options and have passed this on to the chef.
We hope to see you back again.

Best Regards