I have written the following to the hotel directly twice and did not once receive any sort of reply. This was from a stay the weekend of August 2nd and 3rd, 2013.
I wanted to share with you some of my experience at your hotel. I stayed there this past Friday and Saturday night. I called around noon on Friday to confirm my reservation, since I had originally booked through Expedia. The person I talked to said my room was ready and waiting for me. I said I'd be up later in the night and she said it wasn't a problem and they'd be waiting for me.
This trip was for my 40th birthday and was my first time taking a vacation with my girlfriend, so it meant a lot to me to have a good weekend.
Upon arriving Friday night, the person behind the desk was very nice, but said he had some bad news. He said my room wasn't available and I'd have to be moved to a lower class room or move to the same class room, but one that is handicapped accessible. I chose to keep the same class room and he said he'd help me by lowering my rate down for the inconvenience.
When getting into the room, we were pleased, but I did scrape and cut my arm on the bathroom towel hanger on the back of the door at least 4 times. I also noticed that the "room sensor" for the air conditioner was horribly placed in the hallway outside the bedroom. With the bedroom door closed, and no motion being sensed, the room quickly heated up, requiring both myself and my girlfriend to make multiple trips to activate the air conditioner throughout the night.
I also noticed that the bed was horribly uncomfortable. I originally thought that the mattress had been shifted over and didn't have any support under it. I was wrong and discovered that the side of the bed closer to the bathroom had absolutely no support at all and sagged horribly.
Saturday, after coming back from lunch, we noticed the room had not been refreshed yet. I called housekeeping and asked for it to be refreshed. They said they'd send someone right up. At that notification, we left to do some things for an hour or so. When we came back, we noticed the room was still not made up. I called two more times throughout the day, only to be lied to. As 6 or 7pm rolled around, we had run out of towels. I called just asking for towels as we needed to shower to go to dinner. I also asked if the room could be cleaned while we were gone and they said they'd take care of it. They said they'd send towels right up. 30 minutes later, we got our towels.
When we got back from dinner, the room was still not made up. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. Between the bed being horribly uncomfortable, the air conditioner not working right, and needing to ask for more towels, I was pretty upset.
I called Sunday morning to ask for a late check-out. This is something I've never had a problem with at any other hotel. The person I talked to was rude and said they were absolutely not doing any late check-out's today.
Needless to say, I was pretty upset and headed down to the front desk to discuss my displeasure. I don't know the lady's name (blonde with no name tag), but was very helpful. She looked up in the housekeeping log and there were no history of me calling to have the room made up, nor, any record of me asking for towels (which were delivered?) After going through some paperwork, she offered me $100 off of my stay and let me stay until 1:00 for a late check-out.
While the $100 and honoring my request for a late check out was a nice gesture, and I finally appreciated someone from my stay, I was still displeased with my overall experience, to say the least.
I have never stayed at this hotel before and was EXTREMELY happy with the location. I'd like to be able to stay there again, but there seemed to be way too many problems for a simple two night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is South Lake Tahoe's only all-suite lodging option. Located at the base of Heavenly Mountain Resort and moments from world-class gaming, dining, ice-skating, golf, shopping, hiking, biking, entertainment, and lake activities. Our stylish Lake Tahoe accommodations are perfect for families, corporate meetings & retreats, social functions, groups, Weddings, or an adventure vacation. Every hotel reservation at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel includes a comfortable two-room suite, free breakfast buffet, and a nightly happy hour. Discover this outstanding Lake Tahoe lodging resort and destination, make your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Lake Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Embassy Suites South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Embassy Suites