Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$105
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$132
Basecamp South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$93
7 Seas Inn at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$134
Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$122
Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
US$57
US$54
Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$146
Bluelake Inn at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
US$57
US$54
Best Western Station House Inn(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$100
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
US$293
US$271
Orbitz.com
All reviewsembassy suitespretzelsindoor poolhappy hourvalet parkingkoi pondfree breakfasta separate living roomharrah's casinoheavenly villagedining tablerooms are spaciousstate linefresh fruitperfect locationking suitesitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2014

we stayed here for 7 nights in march and found the hotel to be very clean and tidy you get a full american breakfast in the morning included in you're price and a two hour free bar from 4.30 until 6.30 in the afternoons which is just what you need after a hard days skiing the rooms are all suites with a refurbished bath shower room and a lounge area with flat screen TV and couch the bedrooms also have a flat screen TV and sink the rooms are very spacious and there is also a microwave and sink in the lounge area all in all a very nice place to stay in the center of town and two minutes walk from the gondola there is also a pool and hot tub and gym we highly recommend this hotel.

2  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed for a week at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, as part of a charter ski trip. Typical Empress Suites-style layout, with a 1980s vibe. Buffet breakfast was included in our rate. The hot food buffet was ok, but I couldn't understand why a decent hotel would use communal jars of jam and peanut butter, instead of individual packets, considering the volume of guests (and their respective germs) going through the buffet every day.

The pool was often filled with kids, and according to some friends, the hot tub was more warm than hot.

All the staff I met were friendly, and the concierge desk had lots of suggestions, as well as discounts at several restaurants. The ski valet was handy.

My bed was comfortable, but some friends found the beds uncomfortable. From our room on the 7th floor, we had a nice view, facing the gondola.

We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant a couple times, which always had a loss leader dinner special that sounded tempting. The steak and shrimp for $16.95 ended up being a fairly tough piece of cold skirt steak, with some garlic shrimp that seemed to have been cooked in advance. Better to order off the menu than their specials. I liked the fried chicken salad.

All in all, a good hotel, with good rates and clean rooms, but the Marriott next to the Heavenly Gondola looked like a much nicer place to stay, if one has the budget to splurge.

Interestingly, the Hyatt at Incline, which was a much nicer, more deluxe property, had the same room rate as the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel the nights I was there. I realize it's located further from the ski resorts, but I'd probably stay in Incline next time I visit Lake Tahoe. I found Stateline/ South Lake Tahoe convenient for Heavenly, but the town itself is very commercial, and I preferred the look and vibe of Incline, if I was arranging my own stay near Tahoe.

3  Thank phoenikia
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We loved staying there, rooms were spacious, great location. Ski storage is convenient. There needs to be signage for bell stand and valet. The concierge is very helpful and has good coupon deals. The staff is very friendly and courteous.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We've stayed here several times (when it was owned by Embassy Suites). Some of the rooms have now been renovated and we were lucky to stay on the 4th floor on which all the rooms (I believe) have been remodeled.
Much better now with new carpeting, nicer looking bathroom etc. Basically, bottom line is if you're traveling with kids this place is perfect as there is a separate living area with a tv and pull out sofa bed. Plenty of space to keep all your ski / board gear without falling over each other.

They are still doing free drinks at happy hour (which can be a zoo at prime time) same for the buffet breakfast (which we thought was better when Embassy Suites owned the hotel – but still pretty good). If you're there to ski and want easy access to the gondola it's perfect. We go up to Tahoe a lot and I still think this is the best value for families.

I'd like to also add how helpful all the staff are, from valet, to check-in to bell man.

Tip: If you want to avoid the zoo-like feeding frenzy of kids in pjs on a Sunday morning at breakfast, get down there earlier. We've found on several occasions that it's nice and tranquil earlier in the morning.

Room Tip: Any of the new remodeled rooms would be a good option.
2  Thank TeeEmm
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here the first week of March, 2014 for our annual ski trip. It is located just across the street from Harrah's Casino and a block away from the Gondola. Very convenient to the Heavenly village and gambling. It is a nice hotel, comfortable room but currently under renovation: replanting the plants, caulking trim, painting, etc. Our room felt like it hadn't been remodeled yet -- mis-matched decor, hook from the bathroom door fell off, and bad paint jobs. Other than that, the room was nice and the bedroom is separate from the dining table, tv, and mini-fridge/wet bar -- this is a nice feature. I used this area to log-in to work a couple mornings while my spouse slept, it was far enough away and I didn't disturb the sleeping. Breakfast buffet each morning is included and really good -- both cold and hot items. There is a complimentary happy hour each evening that we didn't attend because we were concerned that the highly aggressive concierge folks would be there pushing us to buy a timeshare -- Our biggest complaint is the concierge, we asked them for a dinner recommendation nearby and they couldn't give us options, no map, no list of local restaurants, it was strange. We complained to the desk and they informed us that the concierge is not affiliated with the hotel, only rents the space -- this explains the multiple phone calls we received from them pushing us to visit the concierge for our "free gift" - whatever -- it was annoying and they were not helpful when we needed it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple