Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$144
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$143
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$176
3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$82
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$192
  • Pool
Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$156
Alder Inn(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$133
Stardust Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$171
Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$212
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
US$542
US$459
Official Website
All reviewsembassy suitespretzelsindoor poolhappy hourvalet parkingkoi pondfree breakfasta separate living roomharrah's casinoheavenly villagedining tablerooms are spaciousstate linefresh fruitperfect locationking suitesitting area
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We went to Tahoe the end of June with no real plans. I checked TripAdvisor and found the reviews on the hotel and decided to google it for more. Glad I did, I found a promo code and our first night was $99!

I have my 3 criteria that I rate all hotels on: Cleanliness, Quiet, Comfort, and this property excelled in all three. This room was exceptionally clean; all corners, especially in the bathroom, clean and sparkling. No dust, no odors, clean carpets as well. We never heard any noise from outside the hotel or from other rooms. The couch and chairs were very comfortable and the bed was outstanding...and that is while my back was out and I was in pain. Excellent, excellent, excellent.

For $99 I wasn't expecting what we got. The room is really a suite; large, inviting, comfortable. The floors open up to a complete, floor to ceiling atrium, so the sense of openness and beauty is right outside your window and door. Our room and the hotel was so nice, we changed our plans and stayed a second night. Please note, our second night was a Friday and the price went up to $134. There is a little surprise that all should know about as well. Internet is not free, to be fair, it isn't at the Marriott either, and they have Valet parking. There's a $25 charge for the Valet and with that you get your internet free; at first we kind of grumbled about it, but it actually worked out nicely. More on this later.

They offer a breakfast in the morning, and this is no ordinary hotel breakfast!, they had: fruit, bagels, danish, yogurt, vegan quiche, breakfast casserole, scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon or sausage, french toast or pancakes and breakfast burritos. An amazing assortment of food, especially for a complimentary breakfast.

This property is right near the NV State line, so you are walking distance to the casino's if you're interested. It is also located close to the lake, Heavenly Village with lots of shops, the Gondola Ride and walking trails. The lobby of the hotel is spacious and the people at the front desk are helpful and friendly. I was not impressed with the Concierge, the people there seemed more interested in signing people up to go to a time share presentation in exchange for a free ticket on the Lake cruise excursion. When I asked about something else, the woman simply handed me a brochure and told me to call the number.

About the Valet: I hurt my back on the drive to Tahoe and I was in some serious trouble, I knew I needed to get to a chiropractor. The concierge was of NO help whatsoever, the Valet, however, saw that I was in pain and asked if I was ok. I told him the situation and he gave me the name and a phone number of one to call, (They saw me first thing the next morning and saved the weekend.) he also gave us directions and offered assistance. Each Valet we spoke to gave us suggestions on sites to see and how to get there. All the people who worked the Valet desk were of a high caliber of courtesy, knowledge and professionalism...kudo's to them...they are worth the $25 charge.

I've attached pictures so that you can see the room. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JRHLansing_MI
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel over Memorial weekend with my family. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to Heavenly village with its restaurants, shops, and entertainment. Overall very satisfied with the hotel, service, and location. Room was modern and clean. They offer delicious breakfast with lots of healthy options. Be sure to check out a hiking trail nearby (no driving required) that leads to a small waterfall.
The hotel has indoor pool, hot tab, and a gym. One suggestion would be to add a steam room.
Look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elina F
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, formerly the Embassy Suites, is well situated close to the lake and to bike riding, gondola and shopping. I've always liked Embassy Suites because the rooms give you so much more space with their suite set up. The new owners seem to have kept many of the amenities of Embassy, including happy hour and free breakfast. The breakfast was nice - many choices for even the pickiest eater. The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer - when we checked in they noticed that I was traveling with a 12 year old and so offered the top floor (that's a big perk with kids), they helped us with valet and unloading of bags. They also have a great concierge who couldn't have been more helpful. Great stay all around. I would give it a five star rating if only they had figured out how to design the rooms so that they have a view of the lake. Their wifi set up is a bit odd - if you pay for vallet parking it comes with the room for free, but they first give you a bill showing a wi fi charge and then they manually remove it. Seems like an extra unneeded step.

Room Tip: Try not to be anywhere near the second floor pool. It gets pretty loud with screaming kids. Top floor was fun for the elevator ride.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rovetti
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel. Frankie, their wedding coordinator, was amazing to work with. She did a fabulous job. We have had several guests tell us that the food was the best wedding reception food they had ever had. We also stayed at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel for 2 nights. It is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed in. Everyone working at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel was very friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel to anyone planning a wedding in Lake Tahoe or planning a visit to Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha V
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had two nights here rooms were good with good facilities beds comfortable.Staff really friendly and helpful.The location is really good and interesting.We all really enjoyed our stay and it was very reasonable the breakfast was very good and also drinks vouchers were a nice touch would recommend

Room Tip: Room 542 is quite noisy in the bedroom due to air handling unit outside so perhaps a room on the other side
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family