This is the third or fourth time I have stayed at this property for a ski week between Christmas and New Years. It is a 5-10 min shuttle ride from the gondola. There is a main building where the front desk and ski shop are located. This trip I had a loft room that was located in the main building. Other visits I have been in a bigger unit which was located amongst the cluster of condo buildings on the property. I believe these are all privately owned units that are part of the rental program.
The good points: it is right on South Lake Tahoe Blvd and close to both the gondola and the California base. The resort offers free shuttles to both. They run frequently and also go to the casinos. Sometimes if there is somewhere else you want to go you can talk the driver into taking you there. There is a free continental breakfast which is mediocre but adequate. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There is underground parking as well as outdoor parking which is ample. The room had a fireplace which was great at night.
The bad: nothing really bad. The units are certainly not plush but I don't expect that considering what we paid. If you want real luxury stay at the Marriott next to the gondola but it is significantly more expensive. The loft unit I stayed in this time had a king bed up in the loft but the one and only bathroom was downstairs. Not too convenient if you have to get up during the night to use the bathroom. There were not many cups/plates etc. in the unit. Everything was clean but very dated. There is a pool/hot tub next to the main building but it was usually full of kids.
All in all I think this is a good option for the money. The shuttle makes it convenient to get to and from the gondola/casino area. I would return here again unless I wanted to splurge and then I would go to the Marriott. The property is right on the lake. I have only been here in the winter but I would really like to come in the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston at Lakeland Village is one mile from the Heavenly Gondola via a complimentary shuttle service that also transports guests around town. The South Lake Tahoe hotel offers two spa tubs, two outdoor pools (one open year-round), During the winter season, enjoy a Winter Continental Breakfast (Seasonal at the Heavenly Mountain), Kids can enjoy a summer of Kids Camp, and a private pier with boat moorings. Fitness equipment is also available. At this Lake Tahoe resort, a cozy fireplace warms the lobby and every room, where complimentary coffee is available all day, along with a self-serve cappuccino/latte machine (surcharge), cozy in every unit, free wireless internet access and a kiosk of rental videos. The on-site ski shop rents skis, snowboards, and clothing, and also sells equipment. Garage parking is free. Parking passes are required and are limited to one pass per guestroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort
- Lakeland Village Beach Mountain Hotel
- Lakeland Village Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach&Mountain Resort