“Comfortable Weekend Stay”

Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed for a long weekend in a studio suite room. The room had a small kitchenette, which was nice. We didn't cook while we were there but for longer stays it would be super convienient. Although our room was a studio, it was the perfect size, larger than a typical king hotel room. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice, it looked like it was recently updated. The shuttle and the ski shop on-site is very convenient. We were also able to walk to some dining and shopping options (including a pharmacy and grocery store). The front desk staff was very helpful recommending dining options and places to go. Overall a very good experience for a reasonable price. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DeeinJapan

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had a great trip to Tahoe. I come here a lot. A LOT! But this is the first stay at Aston Lakeland. The grounds were nice and the rooms were comfotable. Access to beach is very nice as well. But all the reviews about the walls and ceilings are ABSOLUTELY TRUE. I saw them and I thought "Oh it should be fine! I am a heavy/sound sleeper"....No way! The ceiling was literally creaking constantly every day of our stay. The staff has that fake smile where they seem to be really caring and want to ensure your stay is exceptional. But when I tell them about how bad it is that I have to hear full conversations right through the wall and the creaking wood all along the ceiling above our bed, their response was like "Yea, sorry. The building is old". And then asking if there was anything else (seeming annoyed that I even mentioned it). Oh well, there are tons of options in Tahoe that blow this place away for the price. I luckily booked through a third party and got a ton of miles for the stay. Otherwise I would be pissed. I am finally going to catch up on my sleep from not having any during my trip ;-)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank joe m
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Recent upgrading of most units provide excellent facilities. Two bedroom units have washer/dryers, large flat screen TV's, walk to the beach, well-stocked kitchens, shuttles to sking and casinos. Plenty of room for a large family or three couples.

Room Tip: Try #446, it is special.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank joeanddolores
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Great location. Walking distance to lake, shops, restaurants. Rooms were spacious! Continental breakfast wasnt great but convenient for the kids. Kitchebs equipped with everything. parking garage was great to have during rain/snow. Only thing if change is to have the hot tub indoors.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank DaliaN428
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The condos are dated but the beds are good. The only thing that was not okay was the furnace seem to run forever. One of the big pluses is that that they have a shuttle that will take you a discount pick you up any where with in two miles of the resort. They also offer a continental breakfast in the morning which is very good. Staff are very good and will help in any way. If I where going to be back I would for sure stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bluejforest
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This was my first trip to the USA and Lakeland Village was a great place to kick off my holiday.We stayed there in the first week of February in one of the 2 bedroom pinegrove townhomes. While it's a 5 min car ride to Stateline and the casinos (they have a complimentary shuttle bus that makes regular trips back and forth) everything you might need is close at hand just a short walk away.I would recommend this place to anybody..people considering staying around South Tahoe for more than a few days or even a quick visit.

Found the staff to be more then helpful,cheerie and polite. I hired snowboarding gear from the rental kiosk and they had a staff member drop my size boots off from another branch on her way home and this was no trouble at all!

Beds were cosy and clean.no problems with the bathroom and the spa and pool are was always tidy.

Thank You lake land for a wonderful time in Tahoe.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ArdyMcHardy1
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Jerry the GM went out of his way to help make the trip a memorable one for me and my fiance.

The location is very convenient, although close enough to walk to the Heavenly shopping area, it is better to have a car.

The room was very nice! With a real flame fireplace, a comfortable bed, sofa, and a full kitchen, which I wish we had more time to use, we felt right at home. It was a very cozy experience. The exterior looks a little run down, but it might be because there was very little snow when we arrived. Had the place been covered with snow, I think my first impression would have been dramatically different.

The lake is a short 3 minute walk from the hotel, and there's a beautiful dock to sit down and enjoy the beautiful view. There's also a heated pool, I wish we had time to use!

With great staff, great rooms, and views I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple