Be warned. "Internet access" is deceptively advertised. Note the word "access" not "service." Access --yes possibly -- if (and I am not making this up!) you are happy to work with typical 0.2 mbs download and 0.1 upload speeds. These speeds are so slow that Internet browsing is totally non-functional. Typically these days a simple retail home connection may run at <50 mbs download and <20 mbs (i.e., some 25,000 times faster!). Apparently --after wasting a great deal a of time by being led to believe this was problem unique to our unit -- we determined that a maximum total of 100 mbs is distributed among 400 properties. Do the math. We were told and this has been the situation for years despite prior complaints. For purposes of full disclosure --although not solicited -- the manager kindly offered a refund of the15% service fees to our party's of four 4-day rentals (i.e., approximately $700), which seemed very fair. But in actuality this translated into a $35 refund for one night for one unit. We were past caring.
We found that A/C to be poor in that our rented three level town house at night was freezing on the bottom level and stiflingly hot at the top level. Windows are locked shut so there is no hope of top level ventilation. The best one can do is to keep the mid-level screen doors open to make the top level habitable.
For the money, this resort lacks attention to detail and comfort, and represents poor value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston at Lakeland Village is one mile from the Heavenly Gondola via a complimentary shuttle service that also transports guests around town. The South Lake Tahoe hotel offers two spa tubs, two outdoor pools (one open year-round), During the winter season, enjoy a Winter Continental Breakfast (Seasonal at the Heavenly Mountain), Kids can enjoy a summer of Kids Camp, and a private pier with boat moorings. Fitness equipment is also available. At this Lake Tahoe resort, a cozy fireplace warms the lobby and every room, where complimentary coffee is available all day, along with a self-serve cappuccino/latte machine (surcharge), cozy in every unit, free wireless internet access and a kiosk of rental videos. The on-site ski shop rents skis, snowboards, and clothing, and also sells equipment. Garage parking is free. Parking passes are required and are limited to one pass per guestroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort
- Lakeland Village Beach Mountain Hotel
- Lakeland Village Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach&Mountain Resort