Stayed in 3/2 lakefront townhouse for two nights in Oct. 2009
Safety and Security
- rear sliding glass door did not lock (latch broken and even if the latch were not broken the type of latch used did not appear very strong). As an accommodation(fix) to the poor latch a thin aluminum pry bar has been installed. Needless to say, we did not feel safe leaving our possessions inside the room while we traveled around town.
- inside door (this is a door after the card reader door) did not close properly
- the wiring for the gas fireplace remote control unit seemed unprofessional with contact connections barely insulated with electrical tape.
- no pot holders for use when removing baking pans (had to use a kitchen towel instead)
- tea kettle provided was poorly designed (shaped like a canteen):
- position of the spout lever is such that the steam from the kettle contents could scald you
- when you did manage to pivot the spout cover, the hot water ran down the spout on to the counter
- rear porch had trash (macaroni and cheese leftovers on the deck)
- graffiti on roof of loft
- heating vents on the floors were bent and dirty
- several of the supplied portable fans were dirty and caked with debris. One fan had a cracked blade and did not function.
- several of the closets had maintenance supplies paint cans, caulk and caulking tools, cement trowel, and rags
- downstairs bathroom light and fan are attached on one side only so the unit slants down a couple of inches
- one spoon had an accident with a garbage disposal and should be replaced.
- most of the lamps are not plugged into switched outlets so you must turn the lamps on by hand, which can be tricky if the room is dark.
- there are no overhead lights in the bed rooms
- one of the vcr/dvd players was connected to a switched outlet and will turn the dvd player on or off if you are not careful
- a couple of the electronics/appliances were unplugged: fireplace control, bedside clocks (closest outlet was behind the queen bed)
- the video settings (some custom blend from a previous guest perhaps) to the tv were awful (could they at least be set back to the factory defaults before the next guest arrives)
- high speed internet costs $9.99 /day . Not unusual, but I expected more for $389/night room
- I was charged $0.75 for a single local phone call (local calls should be free. esp. given the room cost)
- pier on the beach was closed when we were there.
- lack of a street signal near this resort makes turning left nearly impossible when the traffic is heavy on lake tahoe blvd.
- couches and chairs were old and cushioning insufficient in some spots. A couple of times I sat right down onto the couches internal frame.
- the coffee table was too high to put feet up (given there are no ottomans for such)
- many of the cabinet doors do not close properly
- great access to beach
- view from deck and living room is really nice, not the best because of the shore location, but better than most.
- a couple of the included fans were clean and useable.
- towels, sheets, blankets were clean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston at Lakeland Village is one mile from the Heavenly Gondola via a complimentary shuttle service that also transports guests around town. The South Lake Tahoe hotel offers two spa tubs, two outdoor pools (one open year-round), During the winter season, enjoy a Winter Continental Breakfast (Seasonal at the Heavenly Mountain), Kids can enjoy a summer of Kids Camp, and a private pier with boat moorings. Fitness equipment is also available. At this Lake Tahoe resort, a cozy fireplace warms the lobby and every room, where complimentary coffee is available all day, along with a self-serve cappuccino/latte machine (surcharge), cozy in every unit, free wireless internet access and a kiosk of rental videos. The on-site ski shop rents skis, snowboards, and clothing, and also sells equipment. Garage parking is free. Parking passes are required and are limited to one pass per guestroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach Mountain Hotel
- Lakeland Village Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach&Mountain Resort