We love Lake Tahoe and chose this property because we wanted to be away from the Casinos and near to the lake. I'm not quite sure how, but we believed that every room had a lake view and so when we were told that we would be staying in the main building we asked if we could possibly have a lake view. "You should have rented a house then" was the abrupt response.
However, the location is great, with shopping and eating close by although the property itself is looking very tired, with paint peeling from many of the buildings.
Our room, (predominantly beige in colour) had its own kitchen which was very dated with old furniture, pictures and equipment. The refrigerator had seen better days and although it worked, there was a large part of the inner door missing. The sliding fly screen on the doors leading to the balcony was also damaged.
Housekeeping quality was below average. On one occasion, when we happened to be sitting on the balcony, we timed their visit at 5 minutes. This included putting two cups and glasses into the dishwasher for a 90 minute wash and dry cycle, when a quick wash and dry in the sink might have taken two minutes tops! As the cleaning staff seemed to believe that their responsibility did not extend to sweeping the balcony, one day I "borrowed" the broom from their cart to do it myself.
On a positive note, those staff we came into contact with were friendly and always helpful and the free shuttle to Stateline was of enormous benefit.
If we visit again, we shall be looking for somewhere that offers better value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston at Lakeland Village is one mile from the Heavenly Gondola via a complimentary shuttle service that also transports guests around town. The South Lake Tahoe hotel offers two spa tubs, two outdoor pools (one open year-round), During the winter season, enjoy a Winter Continental Breakfast (Seasonal at the Heavenly Mountain), Kids can enjoy a summer of Kids Camp, and a private pier with boat moorings. Fitness equipment is also available. At this Lake Tahoe resort, a cozy fireplace warms the lobby and every room, where complimentary coffee is available all day, along with a self-serve cappuccino/latte machine (surcharge), cozy in every unit, free wireless internet access and a kiosk of rental videos. The on-site ski shop rents skis, snowboards, and clothing, and also sells equipment. Garage parking is free. Parking passes are required and are limited to one pass per guestroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort
- Lakeland Village Beach Mountain Hotel
- Lakeland Village Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach&Mountain Resort