“Interesting room lay-out.”

Tahoe Seasons Resort
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Since it was a last minute trip to expensive Lake Tahoe for the 4th of July weekend, I wasn't going to nit-pick. However, I figure the more reviews the better and this is only my opinion. So let me start with the positives:

Liked: Friendly valets; Nice lobby w/ ample seating/lounges, bar, general store and restaurant (open for breakfast only); Free Wi-fi throughout the resort; clean room w/ 2 flat screen HD TVs; easiest reveal of a hide-a-bed ever! (from someone who usually gets the sofa sleeper on family vacations); ample closet-space; nice dining nook; plenty of towels; soap dispensers...

Didn't Like so much: On-site parking is valet parking only (while free you know tip is expected); no windows in entry room with sofa sleeper (needs at least ceiling fan for circulation-though you can turn on a system blowing air that I couldn't quite tell was cool or warm); if you decide to keep the privacy shutters closed so as to not have to keep opening and closing them each time someone needed to take a shower as we did, the entry room is basically a window-less dungeon; you have to walk through the "bathroom" to get from entry room with sofa-sleeper to the master bedroom (more on that later); toilet is in a small "closet" without a fan-if you're claustrophobic forget about it!

Hated: Hot tub in the middle of the room also doubles as the shower. I mean, I get the appeal of hot tubs, but for it to double as the shower too was very inconvenient. First, you have to step down a long way into the tub to shower and for seniors it seems very scary. Stepping out, even more so. Second, the shutters along with a shower curtain are supposed to provide privacy for those in the shower. It would be nice however if the shutters facing the rooms actually closed all the way as the ones in room 435 did not. I basically had to stay in one spot in the shower and the people in the room with the sofa sleeper had to stay to one side for maximum privacy. People at the dining nook immediately adjacent to the shutter would probably get an eyeful if they weren't careful. It was the weirdest part to say the least. Third, because that area is for all intent and purposes the bathroom, the members of your party are sequestered to either the master bedroom or the entry room with the sofa sleeper while it is occupied.

For a couple, this layout would be great. For a family or friends, they better be really, really close (and yes I'm aware the one bedroom sleeps 4 only).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SacCali

Reviewed 26 June 2011

The location of this time share exchange is very good, about a mile from the lake, and close to shopping, main roads, casinos, and skiing in season. I must say the rooms are huge, however this is the strangest layout I've ever experienced. Decor is funky 70's, with lots of mirrors and sponge-painted walls, but the piece de resistance is the huge, 200-gallon hot tub situated smack dab in the middle of the unit, with - get this - folding shutters on three sides, exposing it to both the living room and bedroom! In fact, you need to walk straight through the bathroom to get to the kitchenette and sleeping area! Comfortable and clean, but no balconies or kitchen paraphernalia supplied. Valet parking only, so be prepared to tip frequently.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I own a time share here and we are looking to sell do to the lack of up keep and the price they charged for the upgraded remodel which wasn't much of a upgrade. 2 flat panel tv's for the price was not worth it. It is quiet for sleep so that was the reason for only a poor ratting and the bar tender was friendly and nice. My biggest complaint would be the unknown credit card charge with not knowing what it was for and no explanation. They told me It was a hold on the card for the charges to the room that I was aware of and mind you that was a total of $108 not the $17 that was charged or the $41 or $91 that where pending which I cancelled with my credit card company. My wife has been coming here since she was 2 yrs old. I have been coming here for the past 7. I guess I need to go check my past records. We also found out from a another guest they found feces on the floor when entering there room. That to me is just wrong. Most of the staff is nice some are just plan arrogant thinking they know everything while others just cant give you a straight answer. We will be looking at other time shares in the area from here on out and we are done with Tahoe Seasons! Stay away or beware of the unknown charges!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mythias
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This resort is kitty corner from the gandola! You get treated like royalty here - wear your ski/board boots and check them in/out just inside resort entrance, valet parking, assistance with everything taken to your room, fireplace, and a spa in every room. What more could you ask for? This resort is very clean and we had excellent service. We enjoyed the royal treatment and pleasant winter quietness of this resort.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We just got back from our honeymoon at the Tahoe Seasons Resort. My parents booked this place for us through their timeshare as a wedding gift. I must admit, I was nervous after reading the reviews and was prepared for the worst, but to my surprise we had a really great stay! The rooms were clean and comfortable. It was nice and quiet. Our bedroom had a huge bed, big screen TV, DVD player, alarm clock radio and large bathroom area with a huge jacuzzi. The kitchen area had a dining table, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and sink. There was no oven, but that didn't matter to us. There was also a living room with another big screen TV, a couch that folds out into a bed, a fireplace, a desk for your laptop, really fast wireless internet service and a coffee table. We also had a few other useful things like a hairdryer, iron & ironing board, extra towels and blankets, and disposable cups (which my wife really liked because we've heard rumors about the way they clean glass cups at other places). The staff was really nice to us, especially the valets. They always got our car to us really fast. We didn't have any problems getting the maid service to come clean our room and give us new towels. There was a small gift/snack store that was very convenient and not expensive like at other hotels. All in all, we had a great time and we would really like to come here again.

Room Tip: tell them you're on your honeymoon. LOL
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank michomeow
Reviewed 4 June 2011

It was supposedly remodelled, but to our dismay, the changes were minimal. A far cry from its coolness when we first stayed here, maybe 10 years ago. The lobby worn, bar never opened, restaurant tired, rooms nothing much to shout about. Advertised internet , but never worked. They have so much potential, nice quiet and potentially exclusive location, but they've let it run. If they spruce the place up better and get their groove going, they'd do well for sure.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank juls33
Reviewed 17 April 2011

My teenage son and I stayed two nights for a last minute ski trip at Heavenly. Got a great package deal (lodging and lift tickets). We really enjoyed our one bedroom suite. The layout was a little unusual but worked great for us. I slept in the bedroom and he slept on the convertible couch - both were very comfortable and we each had our own flat screen TV and lots of privacy. The kitchenette had a microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker and sink, and a table that seats 4. The table was great for setting up my laptop, and the free wifi was strong and connected easily. My one disappointment with the kitchenette is that there were no dishes or utensils. We did borrow some bowls and spoons from the restaurant so we could eat breakfast in the room -- next time I would bring my own. Other good things about the resort - you can just walk across the parking lot to get to the ski lifts, and the staff were so helpful and friendly. When we checked out, the valet came and got our bags, loaded them into our car, and let us leave the car in the resort garage until we were done skiing for the day. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family