All reviews valet parking shower combo odd layout large tub bathroom area paper plates bell service across the street heavenly ski resort floor plan wet bar room layout plenty of storage kitchen facilities ski check pull out sofa coffee maker
Reviewed 9 March 2017

We had adjoining rooms with my family from Chicago. Condos need upgrading
badly. Always a pain to have to bring all your own cutlery, utensils and dinnerware.

Location great but Heavenly is soooo expensive. We skied Sierra Ski Ranch
3 days for the cost of a one day ticket at Heavenly. Not poor, just frugal.

Room Tip: Back side away from noisy pool. However, view of mountain is worth noise.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Janice R
Tahoe-Seasons, Marketing Coordinator at Tahoe Seasons Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Thank you for this review and the opportunity it presents to provide prospective guests a more decision making information. Our resort location has an environmental waste water restriction. As a result there are no kitchens in our 187 units because of the cooking and utensil cleaning that creates waste water. Our long awaited updating is on the agenda for main floor and lobby. We know every guest is unique and the best we can hope for is to communicate objectively what we have to offer and attract only those guests that will be Happy here. Thank you for the generous rating. Wishing you only Happy Stays.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

We had our family vacation at the resort during 2016 Christmas break via our timeshare exchange. The resort has good location, very tiny kitchen (only a small refrigerator, a sink and a microwave), and no self-parking. The hotel offers valet parking service. However in the morning of December 27, we noticed our car bumper was damaged when we got our car back from valet parking overnight.
We immediately asked for what had happened and pointed out the parking ticket was a fraud and it was marked without our knowledge. The hotel security person, Gene, told us that he would take care everything and we had nothing to warry about. We left our car at hotel for the day while we went for ski; so he could take photos and filed a report. Due to family urgency, we left the hotel two-nights earlier and did not ask for refund. Before we left the hotel, we talked to Gene again and he reassured us that it had been taken care of, and their insurance company (Liberty Mutual Insurance) would pay for the repair.
After we made numerous phone calls and emails to Tyler White of Liberty Mutual Insurance, he finally sent us the denial letter in more than two months after the accident. In his letter, he said “The vehicle was marked as having pre-existing damage before entering the care, control, and custody of the insured valet service.” The above sentence Tyler fabricated, is absolutely not true and is not based on the fact. If we had pre-existing damage, there was no need to file the report at the first place. Tyler used calculated strategy to drag this claim process for more than two months, simply play time game, and waste our time. This is the worst vacation and insurance practice we have encountered -making up facts and playing time game. We believe the hotel owe us the repair cost and a formal apology for doing this to us.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank minliuy
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Uncommon courtesy: I had to leave 1 day early for a verified emergency. Management graciously refunded last night's room fee. Bummer: weather and skiing fantastic.

Front desk folks and car and ski valets uniformly friendly.

This hotel is not a resort. It is basic, but neat, clean, quiet, and comfortable. Not super modern, but ok. My bed and pillows were comfortable.The "brick" pillows were extra ones in closet. Shower is weird as it is built into old jacuzzi. I say replace the jacuzzi w a modern shower. Given the necessary high step the jacuzzi is a bit of a risk for seniors, even skiing seniors. Plenty of towels. Admittedly, I like to change toom temp often, but this system was difficult control. No room humidifier available. Gas fireplace a nice touch. It does not have and definitely needs coin or cc activated laudromat. Overall though, a functional mini suite for a ski vacation.

It is conveniently located, about a 5 minute walk to aerial tramway at California base. As driveway is on fairly steep incline it would a tricky, possibly dangerous, walk in icy situation w ski boots on. Location is also quite isolated from any commercial activity. No apre ski or restaurants/bars in immediate area.

Heavenly has 3 bases and they are spread out. A rent a car is essential in my opinion for Tahoe. On some roads, including US 50 and even in-town on-mountain roads, laws require chains or 4WD/AWD w snowtires in bad weather.

Getting to South Lake Tahoe is straight forward. Finding a specific location on these twisting narrow mountain roads can be quite a challenging, esp at night. Make certain you have a GPS navigation system.

The informal pub/restaurant is very quiet and closed on Tues, Wed, and Thursday! Little life in hotel itself. The supplies in the "Market" are sparse.

Tiny micro kitchen: sink, microwave, minibar refrig, no stove, no utensils, glasses or plates. The kitchen was of no importance to me.

No in-room safe, which is a big negative for me. Had to use old fashioned safe deposit box at desk. My wifi worked fine for simple emails.

There is no self park. Doubt any street parking either. Complimentary valet parking which was quick and efficient. I liked it.

There is no "resort fee" !

Despite my comments and the need for some improvements, the place, as a function of price, was ok . It is a good value compared to a property w similar proximity to lift in, for example, Vail.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We went in late January 2017 and originally booked at Harrahs. We needed to get away from the casino crowd, and found this amazing place which is much better for skiers, and all season travellers looking to experience the beauty of Lake Tahoe. The Tahoe Seasons Resort is walk to Havenly lift, which was great especially during weekends/holidays when the Heavenly lot fills up. Service at the hotel was first class, and the rooms and hotel were immaculate. Rates are reasonable, and we really enjoyed the outdoor heated pool, hot tub, and great buffet breakfasts too. Highly recommend this hotel for families, and others looking to get away from the 'casino' crowd.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Tahoe-Seasons, Marketing Coordinator at Tahoe Seasons Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

We are thrilled you found us and that your stay was 5 stars. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and describing what made you Happy. Wishing you only Happy Stays, Tahoe Seasons Team

Reviewed 23 February 2017

First of all we were supposed to stay at Tahoe Vacation Resort we bought one of those time share getaways. The nightmare started at Tahoe Vacation Resort when we arrived I was told we did not have a reservation, I told the lady at the front desk that we did have one and I had confirmed it the day before with a Diamond representative. She asked me for my DL and looked to see if we were staying there she told me that I was at the wrong resort and we were staying at Tahoe Seasons. I was very upset as we had stayed at Tahoe Seasons resort when it was first built and a few times though out the years. We stopped staying at the Tahoe Seasons due to the resort not being updated and most of all because of the shower and the way the rooms are set up. The shower is a safety hazard; you are not able to turn the shower on unless you climb into the tub. The shower is so close to the wall and water shoots everywhere. There are wood doors that slide open and you have to close them or else water will shoot out into the rooms. If you are not careful you can fall due the tub being so high it’s bath tub that has jets and can seat about 4 to 5 people. The wood doors have been painted but you can still see the mold on the doors while you are showing. My husband had an asthma attack due to the dust & dirt behind the heater; I have pictures of the dirt behind the heater. Under the sink there were beer bottles and cans left by the party that was there before us. There are no kitchen utensils nothing expect a small refrigerator and microwave. The room itself smelled musty and moldy, the bench near the table where you sit to eat had spots and they were dirty. Make sure to confirm the dates you are staying there when you check in or you can end up leaving early like we had to. Tahoe Season cancelled our reservation, we were suppose to stay for 4 days but we only stayed two nights due to the resort cancelling our reservation early and Diamond resorts moving us to a different hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joannbarnes
Tahoe-Seasons, Marketing Coordinator at Tahoe Seasons Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

While we are grateful for this review and the time you spent to share the details of your experience, we are extremely sorry for the disappointments surrounding your stay. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this further. Dolores Vander Aa, 530.541.6700 Ext. 454. If away from my desk please leave a message with your email and phone, so that I may follow up asap.