Bluelake Inn at Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$144
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$143
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$170
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$176
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$192
  • Pool
Alder Inn(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$144
Stardust Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$171
Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$156
Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$212
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
US$539
US$459
Official Website
All reviewsgreat locationoatmealheavenly gondoladog areaexcellent ratewithin walking distancean overnight stayheavenly villagefree breakfastthe main dragpool spahot tubfresh fruitprivate beachcan't beat the locationlarge roomcasino hotels
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I read the reviews and double check their website before I booked this motel. As a family trip, I always look for continental breakfast and their continental breakfast was disappointing. They served cheap donuts, and old fruits!
I was expecting they could served at least a decent breakfast like with waffles or pancake with fresh fruits, danish instead of donuts, considering their rates are high per night.
I was dissapointed coz some motel my family would stayed in had decent continental breakfast.

One of the reviewed mention about new bathroom.... Ours were old and nasty! Not to mentioned their mattress....were very old and rotten. It was pretty disgusting!

Well, people if you wanna waste your bucks...definitely not in this motel.

Room Tip: not this one!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This hotel is very basic and could probably use a remodel but at their prices, I will not complain. Room had a refrigerator and microwave which helps save on meals and is within walking distance of the casinos just across the border. Rooms on the bottom floor will hear creaks from the upper floor so stay on the top floor if you can. I have stayed here a few times and was wakened once by the creaking in the upper room but I am a very light sleeper as well. On a night when I had an upper floor room, I slept very well. Room locks worked fine, sheets were clean, good place all around. I stay here when I go through Lake Tahoe. Never had a chance to check out breakfast or the pool. Wireless Internet is free.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2011

The hotel is just a few minute walk to the gondola and a fraction of the cost of the big hotels at the base. Great room for the price. We were able to use the fridge and the microwave to save on meals. There was a problem with our heater and the staff immediately gave me a new room. Very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back section.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2011

The Blue Lake Inn was a comfortable hotel with a good bed and shower. It was in the perfect location, a 5 m walk from the gondola! It was also quite inexpensive, and we booked it through a Heavenly package. Unfortunately the service was mostly ordinary, and we had an issue with the plumbing. The heater in the room wasn’t the best, with it blowing just cold air on our second morning! The pillows were poor and the fridge was noisy. We also experienced interference with the clock in the middle of the night. Having said all of that, we’d probably stay here again, as the issues we had were mostly due to bad luck.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SydneyTravelBug3
Reviewed 10 March 2011

An inexpensive motel just about 200 meters from the Heavenly gondola.I have no concerns about recommending it to those working to a budget.

Friendly staff and clean rooms. Comfortable beds, ample hot water, TV and ace WiFi (kiddy friendly but the blocked sites include some that are not particularly adult). TV, fridge and microwave in the room. Ample parking.

Basic breakfast: DIY flavoured porridge sachets; donuts and fruit. Endless coffee.

Like all Motels in this area, they could do with a facelift but the whole region seems to be going through a large redevelopment and I suspect it will be covered in pricey hotels within the next decade.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends