“Never Again”

Ranked #28 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Bruno, California
“Never Again”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I have been coming to the Blue Lake Inn for over 10 years without any problems, and have always enjoyed our stay and accomodations.
That was up until Last Saturday March 1st. We were charged an extra $150.00 for smoking in our room. We did not smoke in the room. We had an ashtray outside
the room on the porch. We are being told by Randal that there were ashes inside the room and that the room smelled of smoke. Complete BS.... Ashes in a room do not signify that we were smoking in the room. And the room smelled bad upon our arrival. If we had smoked, or damaged the room in anyway, I would have no problem paying thses charges, but that is not the case here. If this is how your hotel wants to conduct its afairs buy ripping off your customers then it's my new goal in life to make sure that everyone knows how we are being treated. Social Media is a powerful tool, and I will use it to make sure everyone who stays there or future customers will know how we were unfairly treated. Heres to Bad reviews and really bad management....

Room Tip: The management treated us like CRAP. Said they had pictures and proof that we smoked in the room but...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Elk Grove, California, United States
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was quite surprised! My room was nice, clean and quiet. The king room had plenty of space and the internet was great. A fridge and microwave was a nice plus. I was greeted by a super friendly host at the front desk and James the manager was very hospitable and gave suggestions on places to see. On the downside though, the a/c, heater units in the rooms are very noisy and the T.V's need an upgrade. The breakfast is simple with doughnuts and coffee. I have driven past this little gem many times and have never stayed. I would say comparing the 20 plus little motels I have stayed at here in village next to Heavenly, I would rate this one a 9 out of ten. I will be staying here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Daril C
Oakland, California
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Overall got a great rate and it was very convenient. Stayed here during the summer but I will probably stay here for the ski season as we'll.

My only gripe was the room clearly used to be a smoking room and still smelled like it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jnnaka
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Clean small room. TV & Internet work fine. Adequate, small bathroom facilities. Space for one at the sink area at a time. Good price through Priceline.com the end of October, 2013. I wish the folks who had the free breakfast yesterday had eaten all the donuts. This morning they were dry & stale. Fresh fruit, coffee, cereal/milk and O.J. were ok.

We would return.

Room Tip: Motel is off Stateline road. Short walk to NV side & all the stuff there.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I Spent only one night with friends. Rooms are clean and comfortable. There is not much to say. Very basic, reasonable price and good location ( close to Casino, ski lift, commerce, restaurants and beach). Rooms offer microwave and minifridge.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Timber Cove Ca
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I've stayed at this place a half dozen times, with the exception of last week, all stays have been during peak ski season. We drove in unreserved midday Mon, place was empty save for 3-4 rooms rented. Manager priced the room cheap, $39 for a double queen, room didn't smell, bathroom was clean, all ammenities worked, beds were a little hard but both my wife and I slept well, breakfast was simple as others stated but on time, donuts were fresh, when I went in for seconds on the coffee I noticed they had replaced the donut I'd taken earlier, the decanter ran out mid cup and was replaced immediately. In this day and age of overpriced everything it was the best hotel value I've had in years. As mentioned by other reviews, location is superb.to casinos, restaurants, and Heavenly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bochum
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Paid 53$ for a night and it was worth the money. There is no breakfast included or if they say so it is just a coffee and oatmeal.
Rooms are a bit worn and torn but you get what you pay for. Checked in and was told where to find nice restaurants and what to do. You get free access to the beach.
Slept well, took a good shower (old bath room) and enjoyed the free coffee.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo