“Fantastic!!”

Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

My family and I had an incredible time at the Lakeshore Lodge and Spa. Our room was nice with a large deck overlooking the water and the staff was great. We took full advantage of the hotel being right on the water where we were steps from the pool/hot tub and beach. The location was perfect with casinos, wonderful restaurants and many outdoor activities minutes away. We plan on making our trip an annual event, and plan on staying at the Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa every year.

Room Tip: All Good Rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Hebrew first
Ferdinand, Indiana
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Nothing like sitting in a hot tub on the beach in January! This place is great... very clean and comfortable with the best location on the lake. The beach was right off the balcony. It is a short walk to restaurants and groceries. The staff was awesome.... very friendly and accomodating. I plan to stay there next time I am in Tahoe.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 January 2012

There is really no better place to stay on the water in Lake Tahoe. The views are breathtaking at all times of the day or night. The location is perfect for skiing, sightseeing, gambling, or just resting and taking in the beauty of Lake Tahoe. The staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and updated. There are even condos available. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a view of the lake.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and would highly recommend the hotel. I had spent the days prior to my arrival in a studio unit at the nearby Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort. I had an extra night before my departure. The Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge was recommended by a local and I found it to be a good value as compared to most of the hotels in South Lake Tahoe. While I agree with the other reviewers that the exterior of the hotel is not that appealing, I believe that it more than makes up for it in other ways. At check-in, the staff was efficient, helpful and friendly. The room in was spacious, clean and loaded with character. The log bed, gas fireplace and mountain décor make it feel more like a cabin than a hotel room. The view was amazing. I don’t know if there are any accommodations in the area this close to the lake. The room I stayed in had new bedding, paint and carpet. The bed was very comfortable. The room had a small kitchen that looked to be very functional – much larger than the kitchenette I had in the studio unit at the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort. The hotel was quiet, though there were not many other guests at the hotel the night of my stay so I can’t say how it would be on a busy night. The location was convenient to the grocery store and restaurants. My only complaint is that I couldn’t stay longer!

Room Tip: Kitchen rooms to save money on dining; First floor to walk out on to the beach from your room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Perfect location on the lake with great views and beach access, with the warm temperatures this winter we were able to walk right out to the beach to enjoy some sun. When the sun went down, we were able to hang out in the hot tub with a great view of the lake and mountains then walk to the great restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues. The staff is extremely friendly, accomodating, and know the great local spots since they are a locally owned small business!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike S
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I booked a room here as a setting for a proposal to my girlfriend. I reserved a queen room on the highest floor (floor 3 I think) and they all had a balcony or porch right overlooking the lake. The room had the rustic log pole furniture, a gas fireplace (which heated the room and we thought was an awesome touch), a very comfortable bed, and was very quiet! Also of note, this was one of the only places we've stayed in a LONG time that used an actual key and not a key card (it made the place seem more rustic and nice for some reason). We arrived at the lodge 2 hours early and the guy at the front desk was more than happy to let us into our room without problem. You couldnt ask for a more picturesque lake setting place to stay. The views from our room (and every room from my understanding) were spectacular, just feet from the lake without obstruction. They have their own private beach for guests so theres not a lot of noise from public access. They have a seasonal outdoor pool and a year round hot tub just feet from their beach which they kept nice and warm and we actually had it to ourselves since they were hardly any other guests staying at the lodge while we were there. There is also a day spa with massage which we were unable to use due to time constraints but we would have liked to! The whole experience, even the check out procedure was memorable and we would not hesitate to stay here again, in fact we want to do one of the condos with a couple of our friends soon. An excellent place with beautiful views and friendly staff make this a definite must if you're looking to stay in South Lake Tahoe! By the way, my girlfriend said yes!

Room Tip: Rooms on the highest floor are the quietest from my understanding and from other reviewers.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tmarc84
South Lake Tahoe, California
Reviewed 21 December 2011

My positive experience began on the phone when booking our stay. Great, patient and understanding front desk staff. Once we arrived, we were warmly greeted. The room is amazing. Spectacular view of the Lake. There were so many ammenities: large private patio; cozy cabin-type furnishings; romantic and effective fireplace; comfortable beds with nice bedding; luxurious shampoos, lotions and soaps.

I loved that is was in walking distance of restaurants and stores. The value received far exceeded our expectations. We will return.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family