“great mountain escape”

Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Singapore, Singapore
“great mountain escape”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Needed a break from the heat and went up to the mountains. Stayed at this lodge on the lake. Looked a little rough from the outside, but we kinda wanted that. Inside had all the feel of a mountaion lodge should have, wood bed post, fire place (gas) etc. The view was everything we needed and the weather was perfect. Even the wirlpool at 9pm was perfect with the mountain air. The lake was clear and cold, just what we needed. I saw that they had a spa there, but didn't try it. Will next time as a couple next to us at the pool said it was great

Room Tip: Most of the rooms I think face the lake, so really not a bad room from a view point.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mac R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Hebrew first
Hoppers Crossing, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The hotel is situated right on the
Lake. Every view from the rooms is of the Lake. Each room has a balcony with chairs and table, so last night we watched the sun set across the water and mountains.
The room has an electric fireplace, which looks real. Very romantic !
Last night we slept with the balcony door open and fell asleep listening to the water break against the shore. This is a must stay hotel!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Ruth A
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here. This first time was in late spring and the weather was iffy - now snow, but not warm. Nonetheless, the staff put me in a beachside room with a deck, kitchenette and incredible lakeside views from two banks of plate glass windows. At the time, some 20+ years ago, the decor could have used a little refreshing. Having driven through South Lake a few times subsequently, I always checked to see that the beachside resort was still there. It is after all literally right on the beach. So, for a birthday getaway earlier in June (2012), I reviewed their website and it appeared the facility had undergone a pleasant facelift, so I booked a room. All face the lake. But, the day before, I called the Lodge and requested a room from the tier where I had stayed before. The desk agent confirmed that one was available for a small additional charge. I snapped it up. When we arrived and checked in (mid-week) not only did the staff waive the upcharge, they put us in the first floor room which not only had a balcony but steps for quick access to the beach. The drive around the lake is a lazy couple of hours, Emerald Bay is very close, all the outdoor rec you can think of is everywhere, and the NV casinos are just a short drive - if that's your thing.

This place is definitely on my ":will always stay there " list. The staff is very friendly, and for a lakeside/beachfront room, it can't be beat. Oh, and you have your choice of a room in the main lodge - or in one of the time-share condos which share the property.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 June 2012

WOW WOW WOW. This place is awesome. We stayed Friday and Saturday night in this hotel. I'm just home and had to write a review straight away. The views are absolutely amazing. We stayed in room 205 and it was peaceful and gorgeous. We had 2 large queen beds in a huge room. It was spotless and comfortable. The balcony with the lake views were amazing we could sip wine while watching the activity at the pool and on the lake. The pool was heated and the spa was hot. The lodge itself had a strict quiet time policy and we didn't hear a thing after 10pm or before 7am. The staff were lovely (especially jason)and accommodating. It's about 2 miles to casinos but hey the front desk can get you a cab within 10 mins. It's near Safeway and cvs. Definately recommend to other sits fantastic and romantic. Enjoy guys :)

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ATHBOY1
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I agree with the other reviews. Good value for the waterfront .I had an amazing balcony view and my friends were downstairs on the beach. Huge rooms. No AC but there was a large fan in the closet. It was a little stuffy when I arrived, but not after I opened the balcony door. Nice to have a screen door as well.
Lovely towels, full-size coffee pot and hair dryer.
Large closet. Lots of tables, dressers, lights.
Wished there was a fridge and micro in the room.
Lobby has free coffee and hot chocolate available.
Very thin walls. I was on the 2nd floor and had a tribe of toddlers shaking my room from
above. BUT ...
I liked the quiet time policy and other "spelled out" policies and helpful tips about
the facility ... including a layout map.
The flatscreen TV had good reception.
Could not get internet to work when I arrived, but a phone number is provided if there are wifi issues. The man who answered first tried to tell me it was my laptop, but I told him my phone couldn't connect either. He coordinated with the front desk to get the wifi working again. Smooth sailing after that.
I would have given 5 stars for service except for this Internet issue, and the guy seeming a bit annoyed having to deal with it.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynda L
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Just returned from our anniversary trip to South Lake Tahoe staying at the Lakeshore Lodge. What a perfect location with a beautiful beach just steps from the hotel. We spent most of the time sitting on our covered bacony enjoying the view. Did get noisy from all the children at the pool, but everyone was well supervised. And since everyone had a bacony, you could hear the neighbors' talking. It is a private beach, and we witessed the management making some people on the beach leave the area because they were not staying at the lodge. The rooms were comfortable and updated. Enjoyed the room with the kitchen, although all kitchen units were at the pool area, and that was reason for more noise. When we closed our doors to the balcony, we couldn't hear a thing. We will return with the family.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mabowles
Hudson, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We were so pleased when we checked in and asked for a room with a view and we were told every room had a view. The room has a queen bed and the decore is very nice. The sunset views on Lake Tahoe are spectacular from the balcony. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is free wi fi in every room and a computer in a lounge off the lobby for your use. They also have complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lounge. We found this on Groupon and were very pleased overall.

• Stayed June 2012