Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$105
Basecamp South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$93
3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$46
Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$122
Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$99
Official Website
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$143
  • Pool
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$86
Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$146
Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$81
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
US$293
US$271
Hotwire.com
All reviewsview of the lakepatio doorscvs pharmacybedroom condofree hot chocolateprivate beachhot tubtop floorfull kitchenthird floorroom was largefire pitshort drivebit datedemerald baytahoefireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I booked a lakefront condo for two nights and wish my girlfriend and I could have stayed longer. We felt completely at home as we enjoyed our room which was literally right on the beach. The view of the lake was incredible, and being able to watch the sunset over the lake from the comfort of our own room was an incredible luxury. My only complaint would be that the geese that roam the hotel's beach leave a lot of "waste" on the sand... nothing the hotel can really do about that I suppose, but it did make it difficult to throw around the football as we had to be careful where we stepped.

Room Tip: Go for one of the lakefront condos
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gournal3311
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best to keep those pesky geese away and keep the beach clean but as you said, there is only so much we can do. Thanks again for your wonderful comments! See you next time.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at Lakeshore Lodge last month for a week. We had a condo facing the lake and the sunsets. The view was wonderful. In the morning, we sat outside on our patio with our coffee as we watched the lake and area awaken. Evenings, back on the patio for a glass of wine and the sunsets.
I had some problems with my health, but the staff at the Lodge guided my wife and I to first-class healthcare. The Lodge staff were attentive and so kind.
We hope to go back to the Lodge someday. We weren't there for the Music on the Beach, but we'd like to do that. We'd also love to go back for Tahoe's Shakespeare festival during the later summer months. Lakeshore Lodge and spa will be our first and only choice of places to stay.

Room Tip: Facing the lake and sunsets is a must.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 502RonaldR
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights this past weekend in room 216 for our 27th anniversary. The room was great and all we needed. The balcony and views were amazing. We were able to sleep with the patio open in the evening and could hear the waves. Upon arrival to our room, we found a bottle of red wine, 2 wine glasses and a sweet note from the staff congratulating us on our anniversary. That was a nice surprise. We used the beach during the day and were able to walk to 2 different restaurants and the nearby CVS. A fridge in the room would have been nice, but it is definately not a deal breaker. There is no air conditioning, but there was a small room fan. We never felt too warm. The only drawback was the noise from the room above. We could hear people walking until late at night. We will return if we are ever in the area again, but would request a 3rd floor if possible.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ekwcoyote
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I stayed in one of their lakefront condo's for my birthday and it was amazing. The staff were extremely friendly and courteous. Our condo was immaculate and the view left us speechless. Not to mention how awesome it was to take a couple steps down from the patio and be on the beach, literally. It was maybe 20 feet to the water. Best Birthday ever! We'll be back!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura S S
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Hope to see you sooner than next year!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Maybe my expectations were too high after reading all the great reviews on tripadvisor, but I was slightly disappointed with this hotel. It is true that the view from your room cannot be beat - beautiful views of the lake and sitting on the balcony was wonderful. However, the hotel needs some updating. The outdoor carpeting in the hallways is badly puckered and easy to trip on. The vanity area had cracked plaster and a badly cracked sink. The tub/toilet area is extremely small. I was also disappointed to find that the room did not have a mini-fridge. However, the room was extremely clean and spacious. The bed is slightly on the soft side so if you have any back problems (like me), it might be difficult to get a good night's sleep. Personally, I would not stay here again simply because I do need a very firm mattress in order to avoid a backache. However, for people without such issues, this is a nice place. If they update just a little, it could really be a great place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We do appreciate all feedback. We are aware of the outdoor carpet and the vanities and they are on the list of projects to do as soon as we are able to address them. The regular rooms do not have minifridges however we have many hotel rooms with kitchens available so be sure to request that room type when making a reservation. And we do understand that many people have different prefereneces with the softness or firmness of the bedding. We hope to have more updates in the next year so check back with us. We hope you will come give us another try!