“Above and Beyond”

Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My 86 year young folks and I checked in last Sunday for a 5 night stay. While on the beautiful deck of our lakefront condo that afternoon, my mom had a medical emergency which required an over night stay in the hospital. We had to return home after one night. When I asked about a refund there were no questions asked and I was quickly granted full refund for the remaining nights we had booked. Their only concern was the health of my mom. I would highly recommend this jewel of a lodge! The hospitality is welcoming, friendly and helpful. Our lower level, one bedroom condo was guaranteed for my handicapped dad back in March. Heavenly in every way! We will return to this first class lodge.

Room Tip: Condo #134 on the end is absolutely perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nancy m

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed at a lake view condo on a Thursday night. We enjoyed a special treat including a jazz band playing on the beach with locals attending and making it a wonderful and enjoyable evening. The lake views were awesome, the beach was pristine, and the property is very well maintained. The condo was cozy and comfortable, more than adequate for two couples, with a deck overlooking the beach and lake. This is a very convenient place to stay in Lake Tahoe with some great places to enjoy food and drink nearby. In addition to the condo, we enjoyed the benefits of the hotel including the pool and hot tub. It is obvious the owner cares about customer service and knows the hospitality business. We plan to stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask the reservation desk what view you are seeking when booking. Most all condos and hotel rooms ha...
1  Thank AJBHarley2005
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed here for three nights and were very happy. We had one of the end rooms with the incredible view. The room had everything that we needed: small kitchen, comfortable bed, sofa, table and chairs, and a large deck overlooking the deck. There is no air conditioning but there was never a minute that we needed it. The fresh air was wonderful and at night a bit chilly ( which was welcomed in July) The pool was heated and was refreshing. I highly recommend this property for a relaxing time.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get an end room.
2  Thank sjerzelady_50
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Have always stayed in one of condo's but because of time of year and last minute decisions on our part the condo's not available. We booked two lodge rooms and enjoyed the same beautiful views of lake and sunsets. We did miss not having access to cooking facilities but understand some lodge rooms have these amenities. Will be back hope in October this year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lvnv8301
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I booked a lakefront condo for two nights and wish my girlfriend and I could have stayed longer. We felt completely at home as we enjoyed our room which was literally right on the beach. The view of the lake was incredible, and being able to watch the sunset over the lake from the comfort of our own room was an incredible luxury. My only complaint would be that the geese that roam the hotel's beach leave a lot of "waste" on the sand... nothing the hotel can really do about that I suppose, but it did make it difficult to throw around the football as we had to be careful where we stepped.

Room Tip: Go for one of the lakefront condos
1  Thank gournal3311
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best to keep those pesky geese away and keep the beach clean but as you said, there is only so much we can do. Thanks again for your wonderful comments! See you next time.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at Lakeshore Lodge last month for a week. We had a condo facing the lake and the sunsets. The view was wonderful. In the morning, we sat outside on our patio with our coffee as we watched the lake and area awaken. Evenings, back on the patio for a glass of wine and the sunsets.
I had some problems with my health, but the staff at the Lodge guided my wife and I to first-class healthcare. The Lodge staff were attentive and so kind.
We hope to go back to the Lodge someday. We weren't there for the Music on the Beach, but we'd like to do that. We'd also love to go back for Tahoe's Shakespeare festival during the later summer months. Lakeshore Lodge and spa will be our first and only choice of places to stay.

Room Tip: Facing the lake and sunsets is a must.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 502RonaldR
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights this past weekend in room 216 for our 27th anniversary. The room was great and all we needed. The balcony and views were amazing. We were able to sleep with the patio open in the evening and could hear the waves. Upon arrival to our room, we found a bottle of red wine, 2 wine glasses and a sweet note from the staff congratulating us on our anniversary. That was a nice surprise. We used the beach during the day and were able to walk to 2 different restaurants and the nearby CVS. A fridge in the room would have been nice, but it is definately not a deal breaker. There is no air conditioning, but there was a small room fan. We never felt too warm. The only drawback was the noise from the room above. We could hear people walking until late at night. We will return if we are ever in the area again, but would request a 3rd floor if possible.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple