I have stayed here many times. It's my favorite place in Tahoe. You are out of the way enough to be out of the hustle and bustle of state line, but you are close enough that it's not much of a journey to get there.
First of all, EVERY room in the entire hotel has a whole side of it that opens directly onto the beach. That's alone is enough to keep me coming back. The staff has always been extremely helpful and hospitable, which can make a big difference in your opinion of a place.
It is true that the building is old, and has some cosmetic issues, but that is reflected in the fact that you are paying $89 a night to stay RIGHT ON THE BEACH. If you are expecting the Ritz right on the water for <$100 a night, then YOU are the one with the issues, not the hotel.
The Jacuzzi is open, rain, snow or shine. That's always a plus for me, as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge & Spa, South Shore’s only all lakefront property, offering hotel and condominium lodging all with an incredible lake view and cozy fireplace. Pamper yourself in our full service day spa or relax by our heated pool and hot tub. Centrally located to area activities, restaurants, casinos and sitting on 500 feet of private beach, you’ll receive a true Tahoe experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Lakeshore Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Lake Tahoe