My husband and I have stayed at this hotel three times - once was just a room, and twice were with a kitchen. Our most recent trip was very disappointing, but I'll start of the "pros" list...
+ beautiful view of the lake
+ convenient location - close to Heavenly, stores (e.g., CVS, Safeway) and restaurants
+ partially remodelled - the bathroom looked re-tiled and the kitchen had new sink and counter tops.
+ housecleaning did a good job - the person had washed our dishes for us (I didn't expect this, so it was a pleasant surprise to come back to the room with the dishes done).
- poorly equiped kitchen - we called in advance, and they claimed the kitchen would have "everything we need to make a meal". There weren't any mixing bowls to prepare food in...they had no baking sheets/pans, no measuring cups/spoons, no cutting board, no cutting knives, and no garlic press (I didn't really expect they'd have one, so I brought mine from home).
- old kitchen appliances - the stove and refridgerator must've been from the 60's. The electric stove didn't work properly. The burner settings were 5 different buttons (not the usual low-high dials) - the largest burner was defective and only the off or the hottest setting worked, and the other 3 burners worked a little better, but some of the settings didn't work properly.
- poor remodeling work: the shower head was placed so high that it was hard to adjust and shower faucet handle was broken so it was difficult to adjust the temperature.
- poor frontdesk service: when we checked out, the woman didn't bother to ask "how was your stay?" She just took the keys and said "thanks - that's it"
- very slow free WiFi: they don't have enough bandwidth...at night it was incredibly slow, but in the morning it was fast (probably because less users were on the network).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge & Spa, South Shore’s only all lakefront property, offering hotel and condominium lodging all with an incredible lake view and cozy fireplace. Pamper yourself in our full service day spa or relax by our heated pool and hot tub. Centrally located to area activities, restaurants, casinos and sitting on 500 feet of private beach, you’ll receive a true Tahoe experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Lakeshore Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Lake Tahoe