We stayed two nights in condo #134 which we knew (thanks to Tripadvisor) to be the one to take. This was also what we were told at the check-in desk (friendly!) when we arrived around sunset, and we were lucky that it was available. It proved correct: what a great stay we had. Condo #134 is a ground-level apartment in a building containing 8 units. It is located on the far east side of the hotel premises and borders the first bungalow of the adjacent Lakeland Village: your neighbours are quite close but this does not disturb at all. A good thing about the Lakeshore Lodge in general is that is is off the highway and you hear no traffic (at least we did not).
The apartment is decorated in a modern yet cosy fashion. It has a modern kitchen with a huge fridge, flatscreen tv (which we did not use), comfortable sofa and a wood stove in the living room (also not used). A nicely decorated bathroom with good shower, and a separate bedroom with a comfortable bed. The bedroom has three windows looking out on the beach that can be obscured by blinds. The living room opens up onto a private wooden terrace (porch) with a small table and two chairs. Because it is covered by the terrace of the room upstairs you can also sit outside in case of rain. The upper level condo's do not have this useful feature. From the terrace you can walk right onto the beach and to the water.
The stay was great. When we arrived the sun and clouds offered a breathtaking sunset spectacle and I even had to interrupt the check-in formalities to go outside and capture it on the camera ;-) That night we unexpectedly enjoyed Elton John performing live (in Stateline), as we could clearly hear him and his band whilst sitting on the terrace! Next morning there were threatening thunderstorm clouds over South Lake Tahoe so we could not enjoy the private beach but we drove to Emerald Bay where we spent the whole afternoon in the sun. The small kitchen enabled us to make dinner; the ingredients can be bought at a Safeway that is conveniently located almost on the other side of the highway. Enjoying dinner with a good bottle of wine during sunset, peering out to the silhouttes of the mountains and the lake was one of the highlights of our California trip. And falling asleep to the sound and rhythm of the small waves was unforgettable too... The price we paid is rather high (but more in line with the luxury we enjoyed in #134 whilst it might not be the case for other condo's - you pay the same price and you do not know beforehand which condo will be assigned to you). However the experience we had made it all worthwile and make you quickly forget about the financials ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge & Spa, South Shore’s only all lakefront property, offering hotel and condominium lodging all with an incredible lake view and cozy fireplace. Pamper yourself in our full service day spa or relax by our heated pool and hot tub. Centrally located to area activities, restaurants, casinos and sitting on 500 feet of private beach, you’ll receive a true Tahoe experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Lakeshore Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Lake Tahoe