We chose this hotel for the price and the convenient winter location - a bus ride to heavenly from just outside and driveable to some of the other local ski areas (Sierra, Kirkwood, homewood the closest).
The main attraction of the lodge is the views of the lake which are spectacular, and available from every room - we sat on our bed (too cold for the balcony!) for ages watching the sun go down over the mountains. Looking along the lake it is really unusual to get such an amazing position right on the beach at any price, let alone a reasonable one.
The lodge doesn't claim to be a 5* resort - and accodingly the whole place feels more functional than luxurious. Our room was very spacious and had a full kitchen which was great as we didn't want to eat out all the time. Decor is a little dated, but I don't mind a bit of 70s kitsch so long as it's in good order and clean, which it was. Only real downside to the room for me was the walls which are quite thin. Our neighbours were quite quiet but I guess it could be a problem with younger children. The hot tub sits right on the beach and so have the same amazing views - we spent literally hours in there after skiing. They also include a simple breakfast of self serve coffee, juice and pastries which was fine for us.
Location is good if you don't mind a 20 minute walk to the centre of town (or frequent free ski buses). I wouldn't recommend staying here without a car however (or anywhere on the lake really) as so much of the beautiful skiing/scenery is a drive away.
We bumped into the manager Pat in the local wine bar and he seems really commited to making the most of the hotel and ensuring people have a great holiday. Overall I can really recommend this place and I will definitely come back in the future - hopefully in the summer season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge & Spa, South Shore’s only all lakefront property, offering hotel and condominium lodging all with an incredible lake view and cozy fireplace. Pamper yourself in our full service day spa or relax by our heated pool and hot tub. Centrally located to area activities, restaurants, casinos and sitting on 500 feet of private beach, you’ll receive a true Tahoe experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Lakeshore Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Lake Tahoe