“Russo Family Reunion - Fabulous !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village

Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Olympia, Washington
“Russo Family Reunion - Fabulous !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We recently had our Family Reunion at Forest Suite Resorts in South Lake Tahoe. The resort was perfect for our group of 60. The suites were clean, roomy and equipped with all the necessities. The Staff were exceptional, friendly and so very helpful. The grounds were beautiful. We had many children that enjoyed the pool area and the Resort Functions especially for children. The staff were amazing at helping me set up our two reunion functions; a meet/greet in one of their meeting rooms and setup at poolside for our Pizza Feast. I really can't say enough about how very pleased we were with everything. The complimentary breakfast was definitely a plus too. Would not hesitate to book again for a large group or even just for my husband and I. Just need to add one more thing; LOCATION, close to everything, Lake, Casinos, Grocery Store, Restaurants. etc... I give this Resort an A++++++ !!

Room Tip: We loved our Room that stepped out to the pool area!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ForestManager, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Terri,

We absolutely loved having your family here and loved that all of them had a perfect time. There is always a ton of pressure when you are directly responsible for setting up such a large event for your family/friends and we're delighted it went off without a hitch. We also know the ice cream social, arts/crafts and movie nights were a hit for everyone. As discussed last week, we will absolutely be using your "Family Reunion Picture" on our website soon. Service always gives the first and last impression of any stay & you certainly confirmed our expectations of all of our staff which is to serve, serve and serve. We welcome you back anytime and look forward to another reunion.

Warm regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I visit Tahoe a couple of times a year and Forest Suites is my go-to hotel. It has nice clean rooms at a reasonable rate, great amenities, a courteous and responsive staff, and it is ideally located the end of heavenly village. I always appreciate the service that I get from the staff and will continue to stay here for my Tahoe visits

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ivan,

We can't thank you enough for continuing to stay at our resort every time you are in South Lake. That type of loyalty is invaluable. We definitely are a great location, with clean rooms & tremendous value. Just as important & as you stated a few times is how our service levels exceed your expectations. We appreciate it so very much and look forward to your next stay with us.

Warm regards,
Novato, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

wHAT A WONDERFUL COMLEX/RESORT. mODERATELY PRICED. For the money its a steal. Full breakfast free!!!...wine and cheese evenings from 4-5pm free. We were there in july 2013 with a group of 20folks for a work related reunion. Recntly redecorated...I would highly reccomend this resort!!!

Room Tip: the suites are the way to go
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jerry P,

We appreciated your small work-reunion event that took place last week. We always try to ensure our property has tremendous value while meeting and exceeding other aspects of your expectations. Our wine/cheese event is incredibly popular as is our "Full American Hot Breakfast" which is unique to South Lake as an offering for all of your guests to eat off the buffet. Lastly, we appreciate your business and look forward to you and your group coming back.

Best!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed at this resort with my wife and had a lot of fun. If you've never been to Lake Tahoe, you have to. Summertime is my favorite because I'm a lake guy, but I also want to check it out in the winter for a snow boarding trip. Anyways, I recommend Forrest Suites because of the location, the rooms and the pools. The staff were helpful, unlike some places we've gone, and the overall vibe there is really cool. I don't always write reviews, but I made an exception for this place because its my new favorite resort.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Hodgden77
Dear Hodgden77,

Thanks for recently posting a review about our resort since you don't normally post and you took the time to do so. I like that you enjoyed the vibe and we can certainly appreciate that as i like our vibe too. As much as you love the lake and all of the activities, let me tell you the winter is so much fun as well. Can you imagine walking out our door across the street to the gondola within the village to cruise up another 3000 feet to the ski slopes. Pretty fun! We look forward to another trip to South Lake and have a great rest of the summer.

Thanks again!
sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

This is a comfy, cozy rustic hotel. It fits in nicely with Lake Tahoe and the experience I want to have when I stay in Tahoe. It is older, but also charming and not cookie-cutter as most new hotels are. It felt like I was in Lake Tahoe when I walked into the lobby and our hotel room, as it should.

I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with my husband, 2 year old son and in-laws. We were surprised and pleased to see that there were two separate bathrooms and plenty of living space. Our room looked out on to a garden area and walking path. Very easy access to the pool and jacuzzi from our glass slider and back patio area.

For the good price and amazing location, I am not sure what more some people are expecting. It was an easy walk to the new outdoor shopping center, gondola, casinos and restaurants. Again, rustic and comfy are the best words I could use to explain this hotel. It is not new, but that was more than okay with my family. Everything was clean and the furnishings felt like a cabin in the woods as we were surrounded by huge pine trees. Stay during the week for a more relaxing and less crowded experience. That's what we did, and we had no problem finding a table for the free full breakfast, which was fine by the way. (Eggs, waffles, toast, cereal, bacon, sausage, juice and Starbucks coffee...etc.---nice---free is free!)

We had no complaints except for the loud outdoor concert that one of the big casinos was having until 10:30pm. Not the hotel's fault, but guests should know that there is a chance that loud music will be booming until 10:30pm and you can hear it from your hotel room. I don't know how the casinos get away with this in such a tranquil setting. (We called to our hotel's management but they apologized that they could not do anything, and they conceded that this is a common event during summer months.) Good thing we did not try to go to sleep before 10:30pm, although our 2 year old did go to bed before the obnoxiously loud outdoor concert ended.

Overall, Forest Suites Resort is a beautiful hotel and we will return soon for another fun family vacation.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom/2 bath suites are awesome! HUGE space!
Dear Caligurl,

I want to say thank you for addressing that our property is clean & a perfect setting for what you would expect here in the mountains. Our suites are large and over-sized which is why we are so perfect for large groups & families. The extra bathrooms and kitchen is a big deal for groups of 4 or more and we have those desired addl. amenities to provide you. It's too bad that the concert across the street played longer than their curfew time. It can be frustrating for all parties and we're sorry it was a little to loud. Above all, we appreciate your business and look forward to another visit to our resort.

Thanks again,
San Mateo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

The location of this facility is great! You are within walking distance of everything we wanted! Grocery store, Heavenly Village, Casinos, wilderness if you wanted it and even the beach was only 4 blocks away. Our room was a little dark because there was a huge tree in front, but the pool was right outside our patio door! Great pool area. You can swin or just sit and read and relax. It was a great place to relax and unwind. We stayed at a one bedroom suite and had plenty of room to store our bikes there, sit and read and even have a meal in the dining room. Some of the appliances did not work well, however, as soon as we told the front desk they were taken care of immediately. With the Breakfast buffet available every morning, there was no need to go wait in line to find coffee and pastries anywhere. They also had the wine and cheese social which was nice. We also so a lot of families with kids and their calendar offers plenty of kid activities and an ice cream socia. I'd stay there again. I felt like I was in the woods somewhere :)

Room Tip: Rooms on Building 6 are probably better upstairs if you want light, but if you do not mind your room...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ForestManager, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Ana,

I just saw your review come through and wanted to thank you for posting. I think all of us are happy you took advantage of a multitude of the activities we have on property and your family loved them. We're also delighted you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the wine/cheese mixers. The poolside rooms are definitely in high demand over the summer as you can walk out to the pool and I'm glad your experience was enjoyable. Thanks for also letting us know there was something not working perfectly and giving us a chance to fix or address it while you were here as we were able to take care of it. We hope to see you very soon.

Best-
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

The rooms was clean, the staff was friendly, and air was fresh. Everything worked in our room and we enjoyed this experience. The air conditioner worked like a charm. The TV's have DVD players and work like a charm. The overall experience is satisfying.

Dear Greg P.

We wanted to thank you for coming back to the resort for a second time in the last month. I know which room you always like to stay in and we always welcome you back. We wish you the best and as long as your favorite room on the corner is available? We wish you a continued great summer.

Regards,