Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$245
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$203
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$185
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$237/night.

Basecamp South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$169
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$205
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$334
US$319
  • Pool
7 Seas Inn at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$181
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
US$380
US$262
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$304/night.

Marriott's Timber Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$399
US$322
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$250
Cancelon
All reviewsheavenly villagefull kitchenbedroom suitecovered parkingheavenly gondolawine and cheesegrocery storestarbucks coffeebagelshot breakfastacross the streetfree breakfasthot tubwalking distance to everythingbit datedfamily reunionski boots
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

This place was probably beautiful around the time I was in high school or college (hint: I’m GenX age). It is totally underwhelming. The web site pictures look fantastic and the lobby is nice but the suites are like a run down apartment from the ‘90s. I could live with the outdated decor, but I have to wonder how often they scrub the carpeting and paint in a place so outdated. Our room smelled like stale cigarette smoke and mildew or mold. Both my husband and son immediately got stuffed up and had to pop allergy pills to stay.

The bed is uncomfortable. The shower smelled like PineSol so I hope that means it is clean. My husband refuses to take his sandals off or shower here. The sofa sleeper was so dusty we could not stop sneezing when we opened it up.

I took a plate out of the cupboard and there was food residue caked on it. We were going to save money by cooking but I wouldn’t eat anything cooked in the suite’s kitchen.

My son and I tried to swim in one of the pools only to find a layer of brown, oily looking scum floating on top of it. Keep in mind we have to pay a resort fee on top of the outrageous nightly rate and we can’t even swim?

So far, I agree with everything I’ve read in the 1 and 2 star reviews. Smelly, not clean, run down.

I’m afraid to try the free breakfast after overheating another guest complain that the frozen waffles weren’t fresh. The coffee in the lobby tastes like diesel fuel.

Finally, I’m lying in bed reading reviews of this place (why didn’t I read them before I booked it?) only to hear a thud followed by a skittering. It was a large moth divebombing my lamp. Normally bugs don’t bother me, but I think that was the last straw. If there was a vacancy at the Marriott, which is the same price, I would move. We are counting the days till we can get out of this place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jerry B, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Hibrau,
Our sincere apologies for the situation you experienced. Please reach out to me personally, at jbindel@forestsuites.com or at 530-543-6532, so that I can get more information from you on your unit and we can immediately fix the deficiencies you mentioned, as well as assist you in any other way. I hope to hear from you soon, and our apologies again.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel was clean and staff were amazing. Would definitely come back at this hotel. They have everything in the kitchen family and i bought steaks and veggies to cook for dinner and everything i need was in the cabinets and drawers. My son loved the gameroom. Manager Caitlin was so nice told us if we needed anything to make us feel better cuz my son and I were got sick before our trip. Kudos to all the staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jerry B, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Rocellie,
Thank you so much for your posting. We are thrilled to hear about our team members and in particular Catlin. We will be certain to pass along the great accolades to the team! Glad to hear you also enjoyed our clean rooms, in-unit kitchens for cooking and convenience, and our game room for your son (I'm sure he loved our Xbox Game Center). Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We enjoyed another great stay at the Forest Suites. This is our 8th stay at this property. This year we invited our son and daughter in law to join us. They also agreed that this is great place. We enjoyed the spacious rooms, comfortable beds and free breakfast. The breakfast includes eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins, waffles, toast, juice and coffee. Tom and Jorge on the maintenance crew work hard to keep the guests happy. The pool was clean and warm. Our son and his wife enjoyed the central location. They liked walking across the street to hear the live music in the evenings. We would like to thank Front Office Manager, Susan Garcia for arranging our stay. She always makes us feel so welcomed and provides great customer service. We highly recommend the Forest Suites Resort and are planning on returning in June 2019.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel R
Jerry B, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for your posting, and for staying with us these many past years! We are so glad to hear you and your family continue to enjoy our amenities, services and location. Looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We stay in Tahoe a lot. At least 10 weekends per year. We've stayed at a lot of places, budget and fancy so we generally know where to stay and where to not. This was the only hotel left that had a breakfast that was more than continental, and we love eating breakfast. So we gave it a shot. The lobby was beautiful and the happy hour and breakfast were indeed great. The location was pretty awesome, but I'd rather walk from a nicer place than stay here. For way less money.

This place has 5 buildings and we were in #3, which is where the "regular" rooms. Perhaps it was just our building that was bad. Was very budget accommodations for not very budget price. It felt like an apartment building, was very old, the AC unit was super loud and not automatic (meaning I kept having to turn it off/on), the bed was so bad (you could see the coils through the mattress), and the walls are VERY thin.

Once, and done.

Room Tip: Not building 3
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lesninjas
Jerry B, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear lesninjas,
Thank you for your posting. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary full breakfast and lobby, as well as our location, but we do apologize for your experience in the unit in which you stayed. We will be immediately looking at the mattress and air conditioning unit issues you described. Our Building 3 directly across from Heavenly Village does hold our hotel-style rooms, with refrigerators and microwaves, and our other four buildings house our one and two bedroom suites and specialty suites with full kitchens. We apologize again, and please do reach out to me at jbindel@forestsuites.com if I can assist in any other way.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

This hotel is very run down. For what we paid, there are much nicer options in the same location. This property is very outdated, in need of serious improvements/maintenance, and our room did not feel clean. Our room also had a musty/mold smell that was very uncomfortable. I ended up having to take allergy meds in order to keep from being stuffed up from something I was reacting to. When the heater would kick on it was loud (seemed old and clunky, would actually wake my daughter up), there was a spider web in our bathroom (with a spider on it) that was never removed by housekeeping, and there was a screen missing from our window (which had mildew growth around it). We were actually counting down the days until our stay was over because it was just not comfortable overall due to how rundown it was and the mold smell/feeling we had in our room.

Some other thoughts:

-If you arrive after 9pm it is difficult to park.

-Breakfast is average, but similar to what most hotels would offer.

-The pictures in the advertisement DO NOT reflect the actual condition/look of the property.

-We actually had a heap of furniture and the cleaning cart stationed outside our room - tacky and not the clutter you hope for when spending $$$ to go on vacation.

-The pool is not "Resort" quality, but they do heat it well.

-The hotel is in a good location that allows you to walk to shops and restaurants.

-They have kid/family activities that they host, which is nice, but we tried to spend as much time away from our room as possible.

Room Tip: I don't think if they have any good rooms here.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank gpkmama
Jerry B, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear gpkmama,

Thank you for your posting and please accept our sincere apologies for items you described. We will be immediately looking into these areas for remedy, and I am certain all deficient items will be quickly fixed. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our good location, pools, and our hosted family activities. Please reach out to me personally, at jbindel@forestsuites.com, if I can be of any assistance to you for a future visit to Tahoe. I am certain your next stay will be to the high standards on which we pride ourselves.