“Tahoe's Best Kept Secret”

Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Tahoe's Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I have just returned from another wonderful stay at the Forest Suites Resort.
A little about myself : I live in Arizona, but work in Lake Tahoe from late May - late Sept as the Production Coordinator for the "Tahoe Summer Concert Series" . Since I am there for 4 months out of the year, I really wanted to find a place that felt like home, not just another hotel room!! I also wanted to be able to entertain guests comfortably without the lack of elbow room. The suites there have a full kitchen, & living room. Their continental breakfast is way above what you would expect. I've never had that many choices at any other hotel.
The FSR has a serene location at the bottom of the mountain, not on the strip. Yet it is walking distance to shopping, gambling, restaurants, & the gondola for a scenic trip to the top of Heavenly Valley.
The staff there has catered to my every need without hesitation.
From the General Manager, to maintenance, they are second to none!! Their #1 priority is you, the guest!!
I love this place so much, I reserve 20+ suites for my employees for 2 nights on my show days!!
I have stayed at a plethora of other places in Tahoe throughout the years. But I have found the FSR to be the most comfortable stay. It will always be my choice for as long as I will continue to go to Tahoe!!

All the Best,

Don Weber

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Lake Tahoe (California), California
Reviewed 9 July 2010

When you first enter the dark dank hallway, you are overwhelmed by a awful musty disgusting odor. The carpet lining the hallway is dirty! The room was a good size, but dimly lit. The king size bed was actually clean and comfortable. (I checked for bed bugs). The sofa bed in the livingroom was a lumpy old couch from Salvation Army, I guess. The rooms were all clean, thank goodness, and no signs of roaches. The room was very quiet and everything worked well; shower, coffee maker, tv's, etc. The swimming pool looked nice and was perhaps at 85 degrees, but was murky. A grounds keeper told me that after the 4th of July holiday they'd hv to drain the spa it was so dirty - yuk. I would not give this hotel a 3 star rating. 2.5 overall.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Oakland, California
Reviewed 8 July 2010

It should be a lovely property but it's NOT. It stunk of heavy orange oil in the hallway - to kill the cockroaches???? Or to cover up some foul odor??? The rooms are dark and drab - in need of major rehabilitation. The pool was murky all weekend and the jacuzzi smelled terrible. We were charged nearly $300 dollars per night. At that rate there are many many preferrable options for lodging. The location is prime and back in it's heyday it was probably fabulous -- But NO MORE!!! Don't do it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We stayed here over the July 4th weekend, which I know can be pricey. I was actually surprised to find rooms just a couple days before we left, but now I know why. This hotel must be very old and it certainly appeared that way. It had the feel of a 1930's apartment complex that was converted to a "resort". Tiny carports, old furnishings, dark hallways, and an elevator from a scary Hitchcock movie. Small (15"?) tube televisions in the rooms. No restaurant or room service. We paid $189 per night plus tax and would have been happier elsewhere with a smaller room. The breakfast buffet was the worst! Stale waffles, bagels and a little fruit/cereal. We paid $50 to eat a decent breakfast our second day. For under $100 I might not have complained, but compared to actual "resorts" (Harveys, Harrahs, etc) it didn't make the grade.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Richmond, CA
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I originally booked a single room but when I saw how creepy it was, I hightailed it back to the front desk to declare there was no way I could stay in that depressing room. Fortunately, there was a one-bedroom suite for $30 more per night so I upgraded. The suite was fantastic, large living room, kitchen and bedroom with a nice view of the pine trees and swimming pool. I was very pleased with everything from the comfortable bed to the warm swimming pool, warmer jacuzzi, nice continental breakfast. I highly recommend the suites, but warn everyone to steer clear of the single rooms.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Arcata, California
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I went to the forest with my fiance for a little get away. it was a last minute trip to Tahoe and they were great in accommodating us in what we needed, we went in between seasons so the rates weren't bad at all. The location was great it was within walking distance of the casinos and the heavenly village where there's a shopping center and a movie theater. The room was beautiful. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The bed was huge and all of the sheets and comforter were extremely soft and comfortable. The room was equipped with a full kitchen we didn't use it but it was still very surprising to see I didn't expect for it to be so big. Overall we really enjoyed our the stay at the Forest Suites Resort.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Clifton, VA
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We were there to bike 100 miles around Lake Tahoe, so a working hot tub would have been nice. (If I recall, one of the hot tubs was inoperable last year, too). Other than that, the suites are ridiculously big (and they put me in a 2-bedroom by mistake). Clean, fast service (my cable needed fixing), and for a free breakfast, not bad. Good looking lobby. Nice place for a family. Plenty of room for ski equipment.

Stayed January 2010