All reviews room was clean queen bed free breakfast lake slopes
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This is a lower-end Quality Inn. It does not have an AAA Rating. But it was cheaper than nearly all Quality Inns. South Lake Tahoe is fairly inexpensive to stay in if you do so before the primary summer season and you stay on a weekday. I paid in the low forties for a queen bed room in early June on a weekday. Based upon the room that I was in I would have given it a solid one-diamond rating at least. The single bed rooms are in the rear so they are all away from US 50 and quiet. But the rooms are small: this is an older motel refurbished to modern standards and appearances. There was no refrigerator or microwave in my room and there was just a tiled shower. That was fine for me though. The room was clean and everything worked in it. The staff was friendly and polite. Most important to me, the bed was comfortable and the bedding all fit just fine.

Room Tip: I think that the single bed rooms are in the rear. If you need two beds you might want to request a room as far toward the rear as possible to get away from US Highway 50.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Road_Rambler59
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed just the one night here on our recent tour of Northern California. Our room was clean and warm, if a little dated - nevertheless very good value for what we paid. John, the manager, is a thoroughly nice guy and is a great source of tips for what to see, where to eat and so on. We followed his recommendations for our one evening and morning in this area and were delighted. We were headed eventually for San Francisco and he was even able to give us restaurant tips for our time there (every one a winner!) Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LRM47
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I have stayed here on a couple of occasions and between the location, price and staff you won't find a better deal around.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Thephatman
Reviewed 2 April 2012

For the price, this was the best motel for our stay in Lake Tahoe. We decided last minute to go and found this great deal on a room. We chose the small room with queen bed because of the price. They had a larger room with King bed for little bit more. The breakfast was great. John at the front desk really made our stay the best. He told us where to go in Tahoe and which restaurants and bars to go. He told us about places near the Lake to go see. I will keep going to this motel as long as they keep the prices down. Maybe next time we will book the larger room for little bit more.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sumitra P
Reviewed 28 March 2012

this is my second stay here at the Quality Inn... i must say that i first stayed in there small queen room,,,and yes its small,but clean,,,,but i spoke to the english manager and he showed me the king room,for ten dollars more the room is 4 times the size....breakfast was good...but if you need places to see speak to the enlish guy....he is the quality inn...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family