All reviews community kitchen bagels small desk cheap hotel walking distance musty smell nearby beach hot breakfast big room private beach couple blocks would stay here again included breakfast nice stay heavenly village bed was very comfortable flat screen tv
Reviewed 16 August 2007

I have stayed at almost all the hotels in Tahoe, but to see this hotel complete it's renovations, it has done a great job for an econonmy brand. I read the reviews, and and dissapointed that people don't appreciate a good hotel compared to what Tahoe has to offer. The staff is wonderful. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank raja0209
Reviewed 26 June 2007

Filthy rooms, carpet stains, bath fixtures broken, light switches broken. A plastic cup with brown water and 20-30 cigarette butts remained in the hall stairwell for our entire stay.

• Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank jmcgilroy
Reviewed 6 June 2007

I almost let unfavorable reviews talk me out of staying at the Rodeway Inn. I'm glad I trusted my instincts and gave the place a chance. I can see how those who yearn to be pampered in luxury would not be satisfied, but my wife and I are simple people with very modest needs, and the Rodeway Inn was more than adequate as a place to spend the night. The people at the front desk were friendly and efficient. Our room was small, but the bathroom was spotless and there was plenty of hot water for our showers. The queen-sized bed was comfortable enough for the two of us, and we were given two extra pillows free of charge when we asked for them. The complimentary wireless Internet connection worked like a charm. The 27or larger inch TV gave us 60 clear channels of varied programming (I was delighted that I was able to catch the season-ending episode of "The Shield" on F/X). We didn't use the microwave oven in our room, but it was nice to have one there. It was just a few blocks to the private beach to which we had complimentary access and which afforded us a stunning view of beautiful Lake Tahoe and the majestic surrounding mountains. It was about the same distance to Harvey's and Harrah's, and we took advantage of this by walking to those casinos and to dinner at the Forest Buffet on the 18th floor of Harrah's. Finally the complimentary breakfast the next morning was all we needed. It offered coffee, orange juice, bread, butter, peanut butter, jelly, fresh fruit, packaged pastry, two kinds of cold cereal, and different flavors of Quaker instant oatmeal. Our room cost us only $39 for the night, and I would unequivocally state that we got more than our money's worth and would not hesitate to book a room there again. I highly recommend the place to budget-conscious people looking for basic accommodations and outstanding value and convenience. I don't begin to know how the Rodeway Inn offers so much for so little, but I sure hope they keep doing it!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank nagarjuna1953
Reviewed 21 July 2006

The room was filthy, the carpeting so dirty that walking without shoes was impossible. There were no screens on the windows, allowing the room to fill with mosquitos. The lights were so dim you could barely see. There were no chairs in the room.

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Nevilleb
Reviewed 24 June 2006

I use sites like this when making my travel plans, therefore I want to leave a thourough review.

Good:
This hotel is very cheap considering its location. I stayed in there suite which was quite spacious. 2 seperate bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, and bathroom. I felt very safe and comfortable staying there with children. There is ample free parking for everyone. The pool was nice and comfortable as was the Hot Tub. The staff was very corteous and polite.

Bad:
This room is very very dated. The kitchen was missing countertop tiles. The bathtub had rust stains and small black bugs in it. Te entire room had a very old stall smell to it. The blankets felt like sandpaper. The breakfast was no breakfast at all. There was just coffee, danishes, bread, and apples.

Just remember you get exactly what you pay for. if you only need someplace to lay your head this will probably work for you. Otherwise look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank Journey33331