“"PERFECT STAY"”

Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Ranked #34 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 15 August 2012

People running Rodeway Inn from housekeeping to the owners are VERY HONEST! I left my bag full of personal items during our stay last Sunday, the 11th of August and it was kept intact. DEE, from the front desk was very nice and helped me to get it shipped overnight via FEDEX . We initially booked a different hotel that is more expensive, but changed to Rodeway Inn because of airconditioned rooms and their breakfast is very good with scrambled eggs, sausage and mushroom. They also had waffles and fruits with orange/apple juice.... great way to save for jetskiing activity. So close to the beach and casinos... room may be a bit small, but very clean and provided us with a refrigerator when requested. This is a VERY GOOD DEAL and will surely come back. Thanks, again, DEE for facilitating return of my bag. :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank E V
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Casino Center

Reviewed 5 August 2012

A motel in one of the prettiest places in the world, Lake Tahoe. We had a room on the same side of the street as the office (2 buildings, one on either side of street)
Room smelt like an ashtray, I called the desk asked why we got a smoking room, they said its a non smoking place.....I told them it smells and they did not offer a new room so I said I need a new room, none available I was told...STRIKE 1. The room was not clean, my wife was first in the shower and found hair in the shower curtain and drain..not our hair...STRIKE 2
Bedtime, the bed closest to the window had the worst mattress ever on it. Now I stay in hotels an average of 3 nights a week but this one woke me up about 3 am with a sore lower back. I had to get in the other bed with our 3 year old because it had a better mattress! (we switched beds the next night) STRIKE 3. Do I need to go on? No, but I will.....they have a pool and spa that looks like it has not been cleaned all summer. They have a wedding chapel and grass outdoor area for same (who in their right mind wants to get married at the Rodeway?) and on Saturday afternoon when we came back no parking within a block! The street is no parking and all the rest of the places are private..... I see some reviews say the building across the street has better rooms but I can not speak to that.
We never sampled the breakfast as it was gone by 8:30.....

Also, I noticed on my receipt that they changed the name to Rodeway Downtown....like there is a "downtown" South Lake Tahoe.....maybe in hopes to shed some bad reviews?

Bottom line: Skip this place. There are plenty of other places in the area.

PS, the shower heads are junk!

Room Tip: use a different hotel or roll the dice on the room across from the office
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We were recommended by two ladies we met in a car park - otherwise we would never have come across it Our room was large with a brand new bed - across the street from reception. Breakfast was much better than most motels and the nearby casinos offer super buffets at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikezw
Reviewed 20 June 2012

great location walk to beach. Room was small and old but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. Nice variety. For the price it was a great deal.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gail j
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This place is OK if you want a cheap room to crash when you go skiing or something. The room we stayed in (#125) was very old; everything in it was old. The shower curtain had mold on it and the towels did not smell clean. The whole room had a weird smell, probably as a result of years of cheap air freshener accumulating. And it's not actually a casino, though it's very close to one.

The good things about it include the hairdryer, the hot tub, and the breakfast. The staff at the front desk were also nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank BkPker1359
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Nothing to complain. The motel is a bit dated, but the room was fine and the price really great. And you get free breakfast and wifi!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patm82
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Three of us stayed here for one night. The customer service was excellent. Our daughter was traveling with us and had lost her phone charger the night before. The owner looked and found one that had been left and just gave it to her. The breakfast was very good for Rodeway. They even had scrambled eggs and sausage, among many other items. The rooms were just average. Ours was large enough, but had a worn out love seat taking up room we could have used for other things. Get rid of that love seat and improve the looks of the room. We never could find the hot tub,and the pool was empty in September. Average room with easy access and parking right outside our door, with exceptional owners.

Room Tip: Two sides of the road. The side by the office has convienent parking and one floor. The other side...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family