All reviews community kitchen bagels small desk cheap hotel walking distance musty smell nearby beach hot breakfast big room private beach couple blocks would stay here again included breakfast nice stay heavenly village bed was very comfortable flat screen tv
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We rented a queen non-smoking room (on the 2-story side). The bedroom, bathroom and kitchen were very clean. Yes, it was older, but had been moderately updated. The kitchen had items needed, including utensils and dishes. The frige was a little loud, but nothing that would irritate you. The bathroom was well stocked, the towels were clean, white and VERY soft, plenty of hotwater & overall a very comfortable stay. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets smelled clean. The complimentary breakfast was excellent! Great choices and the coffee was really good! The staff kept the food replenished. It was really quiet on our side for a Saturday night (maybe we were just lucky)! We kept the window open all night too. We will stay there again! Perfect location & the management was very nice. Great bang for your buck! It was a nice stay for a couple who needed to get out of their hometown and destress!!! Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2009

We had 2 rooms, a double queen and one of the honeymoon suites. By all means grab one of the suites if available! Nice BIG room. Gas fireplace heated the room evenly with no annoying fan. Very comfortable beds. Breakfast nothing special - cereal, toast, oatmeal. The suite gets you a frig/microwave/extra sink. The in-room hot tub worked nice; the outdoor pool and hot tub are seasonal. Eight minute walk to the Heavenly gondola, or the shuttle stops right outside the hotel. Quiet street a couple blocks off the main drag.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank UncleCharlie
Reviewed 13 September 2008

Having stayed at the Rodeway before we didn't have any great expectations just a clean bed for a quick get away to Tahoe. As usual we travel with our lttle dog. I made the reservation directly with the hotel and was informed there was a $15 pet fee. That was usual. Upon check in I was informed that if we left the dog in the room unattended (a kennel is not acceptable) there would be a $200 fine. We checked with 3 other hotels all which had rooms and had no problem with the dog being left in his kennel in the room("Perfect" one said). Only to be told by the Rodeway that NO we couldn't cancel our reservation and move without paying 50% of the room fee. Since I had refused to sign their form agreeing to their fine they decided that they would allow us to leave the dog in his kennel. Needless to say it was a lot of hassle. We'll never stay at the Rodeway again. If you have a dog look elsewhere there are many pet friendly hotels in Tahoe. Also the cleanliness of the room -( filthy carpet, dirty bathroom) has gone down since the last time we stayed there 2 years ago. And the breakfast is a joke, Toast, Coffee ( better get there early or it will be gone!) and cereal.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2008

For the price it was a good deal. The bathroom was a little dirty though. They have a decent little breakfast- cereal, toast, juice. Great location, just a few blocks from the casinos. We were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2008

We were only in town for the night and were not expecting a stellar experience at this motel but when I walked through the door of our motel room I was very displeased. First off, I think those who are leaving good reviews for this motel stayed across the street at the property's newer accomodations (not to imply they are NEW though) where the pool is located. The rooms located on the side of the street where the office is are very old and quite disgusting. We stayed on the ground floor and there were many spots in the room where the floor was soft like if you stepped hard enough your foot could go through the floor. There was mold on the ceiling of the bathroom and the sink appeared not to have been cleaned. I did check the mattress first thing when we got in the room and thank goodness there were no bed bugs! I called the front desk and they offered to move us to a room upstairs but we did not have time to gather all of our things and move because we had to be at a wedding shortly. While we were gone, they sent someone in to clean the mold off the ceiling in the bathroom, even though when they offered I told them I did not want someone in the room while I was gone. The continental breakfast should not be advertised. Just let people be surprised that they can get a cup of coffee and a packaged danish as a "perk" when they check-in. These rooms were $239 for that night. Huh!?!? At that price I honestly don't understand why they haven't undergone a major renovation. Oh, yeah, they do have coffeemakers in the room but when I picked up one of the styrofoam cups (not sealed in plastic) to drink some water there was a curly little hair inside of it so I was too grossed out to even consider that coffee maker. If you MUST stay at this motel, you may want to request one of the rooms across the street.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family