All reviews community kitchen bagels small desk cheap hotel walking distance musty smell nearby beach hot breakfast big room private beach couple blocks would stay here again included breakfast nice stay heavenly village bed was very comfortable flat screen tv
Reviewed 5 August 2018

We stayed here for an August weekend on zero notice (booked Friday morning to arrive that night) so we paid through the nose since there were few decent places left in town, but are satisfied. This is an older motel but well-managed, with friendly, competent front desk staff, very clean rooms, and well-maintained considering the age. The wi-fi speed was very good. Bed was very comfortable. Nice breakfast buffet, with very good scrambled eggs, sausage patty, potatoes, waffles, yogurt, fruit, etc. Tip: get there by 9 a.m., as it gets very crowded in the last half-hour. We wanted to use the beach pass but were too tired by the end of our visit.

Our king room was small but had a nice view of a garden. I almost tripped on the tiny micro-fridge on the floor (the only available place for it). No microwave in our room. Updated table lamps (one on each bedside table and one on the small sitting table with two chairs) each had two electrical outlets in the base for charging your devices. Cheap art in the room and hallways. Suggestion to management: the room would feel much larger if the walls (or at least the ceiling) was painted off-white instead of the "cafe au lait" color that feels drab and dark. Hallway also felt dated because of the color.

Parking here can be a challenge, as there are a lot of units. Not the best place to stay if you have a very large vehicle. But if you are going to a show at one of the casinos (we did not), you can just leave your car here and walk to the casino, which many people probably do.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Pros: Staff accommodated a day early checkin so I could stay in the same room all the duration of my stay and not have to change rooms as a two-day local concert was occurring nearby. Housekeeping was very friendly and helpful. I received an extra hour for check-out due to my fridge problem. Very close to venue. Hot tub suite was very nice once again. Hot breakfast was average. Might have even been the same room from my previous visit in 2013. Very spacious. Building I was in def looked a little worn around the edges but at least the elevator was non-problematic.

Cons: Miscommunication upon checkin (but was resolved properly and satisfactorily). Upon first entering my room the mini fridge was open to melt a huge chunk of ice in the freezer part and it was stuffed with towels and the floor was wet in front of the fridge. Only other complaint was the vending machine in my building was broke. It also appears they have added additional property in the past five years since I was here that is surrounding the original hotel so it’s gotten a lot bigger it seems or maybe my memory sucks LoL. Parking was little crowded bc of the event I’m sure. Chair and ottoman looked like it came from a stret corner when I was here last.

Overall a fair value for a big room with a hot tub in it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Ben F
Reviewed 14 July 2018

My cousin and I both had a wonderful time here. We were tired when we arrived, so after enjoying the pool and jacuzzi we went to bed for a nap and it was SO Comfy that we slept for hours! Had a nice evening...it is a great location, about two blocks from Stateline. In the morning we had the included breakfast...it was delicious and the staff does a great job. Then a 5 min. walk to a nice private beach. We loved being able to
have our dog with us and for the affordable price, this is highly recommended. It was clean and had all we needed plus we had a small frig in the room for our food and drinks. Its not fancy, but noone expects it to be. Will be going back again!!

Room Tip: Park near your room
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank lov2travelaround
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Booked this room almost a year in advance. Hotel was packed on Saturday, with less people around on Sunday and almost none on Monday. Great breakfast with more choices than most places we stay. Room was small and tight. A little dated with some things not working. [bed side lamp, faucets leaking] Shower only with the valve covers loose and not fitting correctly. Only a small refrigerator in the room, no microwave. Bed was comfortable and took up the entire room with a few feet available on three sides.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Fin Y
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We were looking for a spot to stay in Tahoe in the middle of a seven day road trip. We had relatives staying at Reno so we wanted an easy drive to see them. It's an older motel but very clean and well maintained. The employees were kind and friendly especially the gentleman at the Front Desk at check in, and we felt safe staying there. The buffet breakfast across the street was of good value. It had scrambed eggs, potatos, sausages, cereals, pancakes, bagels, bread, fruits and not forgetting various juices and coffee. An added bonus was the access to a private beach on the lake. The cost of entry was $10 per adult, so a great added bonus. We would stay here again if we were looking for similar accomodations!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple