All reviewscommunity kitchenbagelssmall deskcheap hotelmusty smellnearby beachhot breakfastbig roomprivate beachcouple blockswould stay here againincluded breakfastnice stayheavenly villagebed was very comfortableflat screen tvtwo blocks
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We stayed here for the night and that was perfect for us. I would only recommend it for a night. It was cheap and everything we needed was there. Room was clean, breakfast was simple but good and swimming was fun. We were on a budget and this was what we needed. We were here for the American Century Championship and the hotel is right down the street so the location was great and in walking distance. Will be coming back next year.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank szapata27
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I had a good stay at the Rodeway Inn during my 3 night stay in South Lake Tahoe. The Inn seemed very comparable to other inns nearby. I left my phone charger plugged into the wall. When I called after returning home, the person at the front desk took the time to find the charger and mail it to me - much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank the_reign_man
Reviewed 22 June 2010

This is not a luxury motel & the furnishings, rugs, and room layout is a bit dated (1970s?). With that said, everything was clean & in good repair, mattress was new & extremely comfortable. Mini deck and refrig. in room, microwave by ice machine is shared, that worked for me. Staff was helpful. Good breakfast with make-your-own waffle, plus on weekdays--eggs & sausage. Clean hot tub and pool, free pass to beach & mini marina (walking distance), casinos & skiing nearby. Great value.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2010

The thirteenth hotel of our 4 week trip in Southwest USA.

Consisting of 2 buildings either side of Pine Blvd, with one 2 storey and the other 3 storey, the Rodeway Inn was no luxury but perfect for a comfortable night at a good rate of US$60 including tax. We spent one night here in a 2nd floor queen bed room, that consisted of bed, 2 bedside tables with lamps, tv with cable channels on top drawer unit, air conditioner, coffee maker, writing desk with 2 chairs and small walk in wardrobe. Off the room was a small private balcony with chair, overlooking pool (empty) and spa. Small, clean bathroom with toilet, shower over bath and basin unit. Carpet in the room had seen better days and care taken not to trip over it.

Great location with a short walk to the lake and Nevada’s casinos across the border. Friendly, helpful staff and located in a nice, quiet tree lined street. No on site restaurant, but many within walking distance.

For the price, I’d be happy to stay here again for a night or two and see more around this nice area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SouthAussieTraveller
Reviewed 7 March 2010

My wife and I have just returned from our third stay at the Rodeway Tahoe and I have to say that if you intend tyo stay in or around South Lake Tahoe, and want to do so on a budget, then the Rodeway is fantastic. We ski in the USA twice a year, for 2 weeks at a time. This is an expensive business and in order to do this we need to cut costs somewhere. Accommodation costs so much and when you ski, you are so exhausted that a hotel room is just for sleeping. Our 15 night stay has just cost us $750, which is a total bargain. The room we stayed in had a kitchenette(Microwave, Fridge and Hob), which is very useful - you just do not always feel like eating out. Continental breakfast is included in the cost also. Room was large enough, clean, plenty of storage. The hotel is only 5 minutes walk from the Heavenly gondola too. Staff are always friendly and professional. Highly recommended for budget SLT stays.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple