“Top Notch”
Review of Stardust Lodge

Stardust Lodge
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Everything that we experienced at the Stardust Lodge was top notch. The staff that works at the Lodge is great. They are very helpful and did everything they could to ensure that we had a great stay. Our room was very clean and very modern. I looked like it had been recently renovated. If you are in Tahoe to ski you will not find a better place to stay. It is right across from the Heavenly Village so you are literally feet away from the gondola. Lastly they serve a great breakfast every morning. We are health nuts but who doesn't like fresh donuts every morning?

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

From the moment I checked in to the moment we left, the service was top notch. Everyone was so helpful from the young man who led our morning walks to the helpful maintenance man. The room was beyond my expectations. There were many activities to take part in. The lasagna and the chili that were offered on a couple nights were delicious. The morning breakfast was perfect. The location could not have been better. Walking distance to the lake, casinos, Heavenly, and lots of shopping close by. There was nothing negative about the Stardust. We is our new favorite place to stay in Lake Tahoe! Thank you to everyone at the Stardust for making our vacation perfect!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed here twice during our 10 day ski holiday, one night at the beginning and the last two nights purely as we came out early and left later than planned. The first night we stayed in a one bed suite and it was perfect for us with two small children who slept on the very large sofa bed. The small kitchenette was perfect for breakfast before hitting the slopes, beautifully renovated, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We would have stayed here had we not already booked and paid for the Embassy suites, but without a refund from there we had to leave. When we decided to stay an extra couple of nights we again booked the Stardust. This time we upgraded to a 2 bed suite and again were stunned at the gorgeous suite! Two lovely bedrooms with two bathrooms, a complete kitchen with everything and a flatscreen tv in both bedrooms and the lounge. Much more room to store the suitcases and the seperate bathrooms made all the difference. ALL the staff could not have helped more, whipping the covers off the lovely pool and spa at a mments notice, free DVD library and popcorn for the kids. When we come back to Tahoe, there is only one place I will ever book again and that is the Stardust. Perfect location for Gondola and ski school. Thankyou for such a memorable stay.

Room Tip: If you have large cases or a lot of baggage and there is 3 or more go for the 2 bed suite. Rooms ove...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy F
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The location of Stardust is perfect if you plan to ski at Heavenly. It's right across the street from the Heavenly Gondola and Heavenly Village. The staff was really nice and helpful with any questions we had.

We stayed in a Studio Suite with a murphy bed, perhaps I should have spent more to get a nicer room. We were in room 216 and it has a definite 70s vibe. We couldn't get the TV to work and didn't have time to report it or mess with it. I was disappointed one morning when I went for breakfast at 9 am and there was nothing left.

If I go again to South Lake Tahoe, I will probably stay at Embassy Suites. I think I'm just used to the style of the Marriotts/Hilton/Sheraton chains. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Stardust, but I prefer something more romantic. My husband would not stop making jokes about the room.

Room Tip: Until room 216 (Studio Suite) gets renovated, I recommend upgrading to a nicer room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The Stardust is such a great place for any kind of traveler. I stayed there for a business trip and loved having complimentary wi-fi and breakfast in the activity center. They have a DVD library and great flat screens to watch them on. The pool and hot tub are great and they have different activities going on at the hotel daily. The staff was wonderful, very kind and helpful. Stardust is in a great location, close to everything and the rooms are fantastic. I wish I could have stayed longer to take advantage of the kitchenette which come equipped with all you could need. There are several room types including suites with sofa beds that are perfect for the family.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Lorena4061, Manager at Stardust Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

We wish you could have stayed longer too! Please don’t hesitate to come back and visit us again. We will soon have our bikes out soon so you can go on a nice bike ride.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Thank you to the WONDERFUL, KIND, and PROFESSIONAL staff at Stardust. Lovely folks, very helpful in every fashion. A question will not go unanswered. Everyone, and I mean everyone is kind. Went above and beyond with courtesy and professional service. (The gentlemen working on maintenance as well). My reservation was made via phone, perhaps one month in advance. I travel and lodge as a corporate traveler, thus... I have been to many establishments. A wonderful welcome and visit. Exceptionally clean facility, grounds, laundry room (free!).Remember, read the web site carefully. You will get exactly what is offered with 5 star service. Ask questions if you are not sure. They are all most helpful. Excellent Taco Cart around the corner, market, bus stop, and Gondola access. I felt safe, and appreciated. I lodged in a back room which was quiet. The bed was comfy. What more can I say... I have Stardust in my eyes..

Room Tip: I pick rooms that will "lead to restful sleep". The back is quiet...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jujubean1010

Glad you had such a wonderful experience during your stay with us! We very much look forward to seeing you in your next visit to Tahoe.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

This was our second trip to S. Lake Tahoe to ski Heavenly. The first trip we stayed at the Marriott. It was fine, but it as just a hotel room. Since we were just 2, it did not seem cost effective to get a condo. This year, we stayed at The Stardust and I could not be more pleased! It was directly across the street from the gondola and actually fewer steps that when we stayed at the Marriott (due to the long hallways and elevators). Although the Stardust does not look like much from the outside, the interior room renovations were top notch: Granite counter tops, stainless appliances, the tiling in the bathroom was fastastic! The shower had dual faucets and was big enough for 2. The bathrooms were heated separately and had cieling to floor mirrors to give the appearance of a much larger room. We stayed in 209 which is an efficiency with a pull down murphy bed. The mattress was comfortable and was the perfect size for 2. The kitchen area was fully stocked and incuded a 2 burner stove, a full size regfrigerator and dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker and microwave. There is no washer and dryer in the unit, but is available on premises. We did borrow some DVDs during our stay and used the hot tub as well. It was too cold while we were there to use the pool although it is heated year round to 86 degrees. The staff was very attentive and gave very good recommendations on places in the area to eat. The price we paid was less than half that of a hotel troom at the Marriott and I felt the accomodations were much better overall.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MoeMissouri
Lorena4061, Manager at Stardust Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Hello! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Please call us when you are ready to come back and stay with us!