“Great location, newly renovated, slightly small”
Review of Stardust Lodge

Stardust Lodge
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Ludington, Michigan, United States
“Great location, newly renovated, slightly small”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My husband and I went for our honeymoon. His parents have a time share and we used a week of it here. It was a beautiful, inexpensive, great location place. The staff was friendly, and the rooms were newly renovated. I liked the front pool. Clean and nice.

The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is because the room was veryyy small. It was a "mini-suite," I think? And, it felt quite cramped with the two of us. (We are tall, but not wide...and after the week, it felt a little claustrophobic.)

We would stay again, but perhaps get at least a one-room joint.

Room Tip: Get a one-bedroom at least.
1 Thank Laurie K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Oakhurst, California
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The one good thing about this property is the location. It's within walking distance to shops and casinos. The rest of everything left us very disappointed. The room was tiny - we had a murphy bed and when it was down there was no room to even walk around. If you left the bed up, the 2 chairs were standard business chairs and very uncomfortable. There was a couch but it was about 6 inches off the ground and sagged terribly. The worst part was no A/C. The temp in the room was about 80 the entire time. We did have a fan but that just moved the hot air around. Very hard to sleep when it's that hot. The bathroom sink area was tiny and only put out hot water. Breakfast consisted of sprinkle doughnuts, hard boiled eggs and Tang. We will not be staying in this property again!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wrldtrvlers
Cameron Park
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Got to say we are never disappointed with Stardust, been coming back for 25+ years.***this visit was spur of the moment and DOLORES R. Was over the top with her customer service!!! She is a keeper!! Hope to see her on our next visit to Stardust. Kenny was also great help and is back for the summer.... We had a updated studio with a murphy bed, we could fold it up and out of the way for lots of floor space for day use. Great size fridg and freezer, 2 burner glass cook top, coffee pot (bring your own coffee for in the room) microwave and toaster. The room also has everything you could need as far as plates, glasses, pots n pans as well as a great wooden salad bowl and tongs! I love to use the roof top BBQ's and picnic tables for a out side dinner. Bathrooms clean with double sinks, the shower even has double shower heads!
Lots of FREE things to do.... games, DVD's, books, bikes, fun pool toys for the young and old, even ping pong poolside! Free fresh popcorn and coffee all day. Breakfast is great with HB eggs, oranges, bananas, juice and donuts. The staff is always helpful and very friendly, always a number of staff working and keeping the property clean. And I did say LOCATION location location due to the fact you are a 5 minute walk to the casinos and 2 minute walk to the Heavenly gondola. Lots of great places to eat, shop and even a short 15 minute to the amazing private beach of Lake Tahoe. Stardust gives you a family feel every one is made to feel like family you can meet and make friends forever. Give Stardust a try, they are committed to making your stay a great experience!

Room Tip: ask for a updated room-upstairs have better view and more privacy-
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Another great stay at the stardust. Everything you could want or need either in walking distance or the excellent staff will help arrange or advise on the best transportation. Just a quick walk to the marina to catch a water taxi to fun. The staff is starting to feel like family and we have all the comforts of home. Love to see the familiar faces and the new ones too, thanks Delores for always a bringing a smile!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kvdburg
Monterey
Reviewed 1 July 2013

What a great place! The moment I showed up on the property I was made to feel like I was a welcome part of the family. Kenny as well as the rest of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Within 10 minutes of arriving, I (way early I should note), I had a room and a complete run down of all the great amenities and activities the lodge had to offer. Talk about a convenient location, all the hot spots are within a 5 minute walking distance. In short, I visit South Lake every couple of months and typically stay at different hotels depending on price and availability. The Stardust Lodge was a hit on both accounts. This will likely be my preferred place to stay going forward.

Room Tip: Call ahead and tell them your specific needs and I'm confident they will try and accommodate you...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Geoff A
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The reception that I got on check in (Carmen) was excellent - she was cheerful, efficient and provided me with a pass to the private beach a 5 min walk away and free pool towels. Subsequently Sydney provided quick answers to any questions that I had.

The room (No. 415) was at the rear of the property. It was quiet and clean. I know that some people have described the units as small - but I found it to be perfectly adequate and well appointed. It was remodelled and finished to a high standard. The pool and spa at the back were fine - a great way to relax at the end of the day. Free popcorn and movie rental was a great addition as well as free laundry. Again I know that other users have commented on the 'resort fee' that covers these costs and the cost of the beach access (which alone is $5 per person), so in fact I found it to be very reasonable.

The breakfast donuts were amazing too and it is all just a short walk from the Heavenly Gondola and the town centre.

I would stay here again in a jiffy.

Alamo, California
Reviewed 27 June 2013

WOW! I just LOVE the Stardust, they make my family feel so much at home! Two pools with two hottubs, not to mention free movie rentals, (and they have the new ones), paired with a fabulous staff? Just perfect. Our room check-in was delayed 2 hours, but Kenny who works at the front desk, brought us out a bottle of wine and some friendly chit-chat that made those 2 hours pass by.

Room Tip: We suggest the front side only because its closer to the front desk. Also the upstairs rooms are qui...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family