“Very family friendly!”

Stardust Lodge
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
“Very family friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The staff is very helpful and very nice. They have many activities for children and grown ups to do! The 2 pools are very warm, and we love the hot tub! We can't say enough about Jose in the office either! Thank you Jose for all you do!! Thank you Stardust for another great vacation!!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Spencer, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was the worst accommodations I have stayed in. We were told that 3 adults could stay comfortably in their efficiency room. This was not my idea of comfortable. My adult daughter and I slept in a Murphy bed that was absolutely horrible. My poor son-in-law slept on an ottoman that pulled out to a twin bed. So ridiculous that we called the beds by name "Murphy" and "Otto". There was no room to move around at all. Dirty! No housekeeping except Tuesday and Friday. No oven to cook with. Only a 2 burner cook top and microwave. On Tuesday the maid came and put some kind of white cleaning solution on the bathroom floor and didn't fully clean it up. We lived with white solution on the floor. I finally washed the floor myself. Pool was dirty. Hot tub jets didn't work. You were sitting in a tub of too hot (106 degrees) water with no jets. I found a used condom under the Murphy bed. Absolute nightmare. Stay away!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank platepeddlergal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel and staff are amazing! Ever time we go to Tahoe we stay here not only is it close to everything. The staff is very nice and accommodating. The rooms are always clean. And they have been remodeled and there very comfortable and cozy to stay in. Always quite.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Chris S
West Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Whenever I go to Tahoe, I always stay at the Stardust Resort. There is a reason for that; its the best place to stay. Close to everything. The beach is just down the road, the grocery store is just up the road, state line is right there.

Room Tip: I like to stay in the Hiway horseshoe area, although there is not a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kit M
Davis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place was fantastic! I came up here on a whim one weekend, where we walked into the lobby and asked what was available. They allowed us to see a few different rooms before picking which one we wanted. It looks rather unimpressive from the outside, but the remodeled rooms definitely impress. They are beautifully designed, with dual head showers, and awesome mountain/outdoorsey touches, which I love. We had the small kitchenette which was really awesome to have, with plenty of clean dishes and supplies for all of our needs. We had a king sized bed in the bedroom and it was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. I normally wake up in the middle of the night or have a hard time falling asleep in hotels, and this was not the case here. Even being so close to the road, I barely heard anything.

I love all of the activities they have here - who doesn't like free smores on a cool Friday night?! They have free access to the private Lakeside beach, two pools, two hot tubs, bike rentals, etc. Nothing was ever too busy or unavailable. The manager in the office was very friendly and was accommodating to all of our quirky requests. The only thing I didn't like about this place was the lack of breakfast selection. They didn't have real juice (..but rather Sunny-D, which I didn't know still existed..) and ran out of fruit early in the morning. They seem to always have donuts, but that's about it. Raley's grocery store and a ton of other restaurants are within walking distance to fix that problem.

All in all though, it's a fabulous location with a lot of awesome amenities. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I think the ones closer to the road are upgraded.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Honu18
Magdalena, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a room that had been recently remodeled. Very nice furnishings and decor. The mini kitchen is small, but very functional with plenty of dishes and cookware. The double head shower was wonderful. Enjoyed our balcony table and chairs. It was very nice to have gas grills available. Grocery store and other shopping close by. Having access to bicycles was great as Tahoe is a bike friendly town. The only complaint is about the relentless traffic noise. Our room was next to the road. We kept the door and windows open during the day for the breeze as there is no A/C. The traffic noise made it unpleasant at times to be in the room. Very quiet at night when we closed everything.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tomsang
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

As owners of an IATA Travel Agency, my husband and I always look at establishments
that we stay at with discerning eyes and Stardust Lodge, truly surpassed all our expectations!
At first glance Stardust doesn't appear to impress, dwarfed by the hulking Marriott Heavenly Village Complex just across the street, with it's gondolas that transport you to snow capped mountains, it's plethora of boutiques, restaurants and a multiplex movie theatre.
However, once you step into Stardust's cosy reception area with it's smiling, friendly check- in staff & the aroma of warm pop corn (it's complimentary & unlimited!), you immediately know that this is the place to rest your head and the glitzy Marriott complex, is a good place to hang out and nothing more.
We were lucky to be welcomed by Stardust's affable owner, Kenny, who seeing that we had 2 children, immediately upgraded us to a larger apartment than the one that we had been booked into. As I have allergies, I always request for a daily room tidy and linen change at every Hotel and I'm aware that this service comes at a fee, which is why I was touched when Kenny waived the fee for our entire stay (a week!) and immediately phoned his housekeeping staff to inform them of what was to be done.
He then proceeded to hand out a list of wonderful resort organized activities, South Lake Tahoe happenings and discount coupons for local establishments, thus ensuring that we had 7 days of pure fun!
Our apartment was beautiful, overlooking the Heavenly Village and the mountains. It was spacious and very clean with large windows. The kitchen too was very well equipped. Also the Raley's Supermarket across the street ensured that our fridge was well stacked :-) !
The activities organized by Stardust kept in mind the needs of both adults and children alike and were presided over by friendly staff members. Special mentions are due for Jessie, a wonderful young man who accompanied us on all the outdoor activities (meadow walks and forest hikes) & for Fernando, a gem, that my children took to immediately- a fun filled character, who could cook up delectable Mexican tacos and teach you the art of making tie and dye t-shirts all in one day! The taste of Stardust's home made Lasagne, still lingers on my tastebuds....
But, if I was to look back, I would say that meeting Vivian, Stardust's Activities Planner and Kenny's wondeful 90 year old mother in law, was by far the most unforgettable experience! Proving that age is just a number and one can do anything if you have the passion for it!
To anyone planning a trip to South Lake Tahoe, don't think about staying any place else.
And oh, if you happen to meet Kenny, Vivian, Jessie and Fernando during your stay, do give them our very best!
- Felicia Variava Albert Managing Director,
Blaze Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd.

• Stayed May 2014